Chapter 7

Ivan's P.O.V.

With a heavy heart, I walked inside my house. I placed my car keys at the table and throwing my jacket on the floor, walked inside my bedroom. I sat down on my bed and removed my shoes. I lay down in the darkness and stared at the ceiling upwards. The light from the outside room was suffice for me to see. I am sad. I'm hopeless. I feel comfortable in this darkness. I met her after eight years. I missed her like hell. I've craved for her like anything. Today was my chance. I wanted to confess my feelings but I didn't get a chance. She already has someone more important than me. I never meant anything to her in the past. I will never be someone special for her in the future as well.

How can I stop thinking about her?

I have dated so many girls. I've slept with some of them but not a single girl has ever affected me like Hazel. This obsession with her is driving me crazy. I got up from my bed and walked straight to the bathroom. I need a hot shower. I want my mind to forget everything. I want to forget her. I don't want to find myself thinking about how is she? Or what is she doing at this time? I don't want to feel these things.

After a long twenty minutes of shower, I walked out of the bathroom wrapping a towel around my waist. My door bell rang as I was drying my hair with another towel. I glanced at the clock. It must be my food delivery. I ordered a salad on my way back home. I don't have much appetite but a guy needs to eat even if he's sad. 

I walked to the door. I covered my upper body with a shirt and buttoned it loosely. As soon as I opened the door, my jaws hit the floor. 

"Hey", said the girl with Hazel green pair of eyes.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"I came to visit you", she said.

"How did you know my address?", I asked folding my hands across my chest.

"I bought food", she said showing me two pizza boxes and cold drinks.

"That's unhealthy", I replied. "You haven't answered me yet", I again said.

"Can I come in?", She asked and then her eyes travelled from my head to toe. She immediately looked away.

"Sure", I said and took a step to the side making space for her to walk inside.

"Please wear clothes", she said without looking at me and walked inside.

"This is my house. I can walk as I wish to", I replied ignoring her advice. The nerve of her to give me useless advice. She chose her friend over me at the restaurant. She spoilt our date and now she's here lecturing me to wear clothes.