Chapter 3

Ivan's P.O.V.

Standing next to her, I was just staring at her for how long I don't even know. Today, the night was more romantic. The moon was shining more brightly, the wind was more pleasant. The surroundings around me gave me a festivity feeling. I felt like I'm back to my home after so long. My all worries, all stress disappeared as those hazel pair of eyes stared back at me. Vena smiled at me and my heart was skipping happily. I looked away taking a deep breath. If this is a dream then I don't want to open my eyes ever.

This is too much happiness to handle.

"You're back", I said looking in front at the decorations outside Iliana's house.

"I couldn't stay away from this place for too long", she said. Her voice seems so fresh yet so nostalgic. I simply nodded.

You took eight years to realize that, I thought.

"How are you?", She asked.

"I'm sexy and desirable", I said looking at her and she just shook her head in amusement.

"Glad to see you're still obsessed with yourself, just like old times", she said in a carefree way. I smiled.

My eyes searched for her left hand. There was no ring over there. Is she still with Ron? How's her married life? Did he join her here? I had so many questions to ask but I have to wait to get answers.

"How are you?", I asked.

"I was fine before joining the company. I can't comment anything about the future now. I've heard my boss is cold as ice", she said looking at me with amusement in her eyes.

She's being friendly with me. I've never seen this side of hers.

"You know me. I'm sure you'll manage with my attitude", I said.

"Thank you for allowing me to work here", she said.

"When did you come back?", I asked unable to resist my curiosity.

"About a month ago. I was searching for a job and I'm glad that Iliana chose me to work as her replacement", she said.

"You do know that this is a temporary job for you", I reminded her and myself. She nodded.

"The companies I've applied to before needed an experienced person. I had nothing satisfactory as per their guidelines. God was with me that I got this opportunity. After gaining experience from such a reputed company, I'll get good offers in the future", She replied. She was talking like a professional.

The eighteen-year-old girl with a baby, I met eight years ago disappeared somewhere. The quiet, calm, cold hearted girl was not here. A bubbly, friendly girl was standing in front of me. Vena was standing so close to me yet she was so distant. Her old self was more attractive to me than her newer version.