Chapter 6

Ivan's P.O.V.

I glanced at my wristwatch for the tenth time. I am waiting for Hazel to show up. I reached the restaurant about ten minutes ago. I've scanned the entire menu but she's still not here. I texted her but she doesn't even reply. Will, she stood me up? That'd be so embarrassing. 

I picked up the glass of water and gulped it down. My eyes never left the main door and as if answering my eyes, she walked inside. Her eyes scanned the entire place and they rested on me. She smiled at me and made her way towards me. Without blinking, I kept looking at her.

Eight years. I don't know how many times I've searched for this face in multiple women,  how many times I've craved for these beautiful hazel pair of eyes, how many times, I've repeated our each and every meeting again and again on a loop, how many times I've talked to Aiden about you. You've not a single idea Hazel, how much have I've missed you.

And now when you're here, I'm missing you even more.

"Hey", She said breaking my trance of thoughts.

"Hey", I said and she sat down in front of me. I was so busy admiring her that I forgot to do the chivalry of pulling a seat for her.

Sue me.

"Sorry for being late. My cab declined the booking last minute", she said as she adjusted her hair after placing her purse on the table. She had worn a denim shirt with denim jeans. She looked so cool and beautiful at the same time.

"It's okay", I said. I've waited eight years. I'd have waited eighty minutes more anyways.

"Have you ordered something?", She asked as she picked up the menu. I straightened in my seat.

"No. I was waiting for you. Please go through the menu", I said and she nodded. She started skimming through the menu.

Wait a second. How can she be so unfazed at the fact that we're on a date? But I never told her that it's a date. Does having dinner with me is such a casual thing for her? Is this meeting special only for me? Are my feelings purely one sided? Does she feel nothing at all for me? I dressed up tonight only for her. Look at her. She's in her casuals. 

I'm nobody to her.

"I have decided what I want. Do you want to look at the menu?", She asked.

I've already lost my appetite.

"Order anything for me as well", I said as I glanced at my mobile screen. I'll leave after eating dinner. She doesn't care about me anyway. She nodded.

"Excuse me", she asked for the waiter and then she placed our orders. I kept looking at her. What more can I do? This is what I've always done? Watched her from afar and admired her.

I am such a loser.

"You've to wait for atleast fifteen minutes", the waitress said.

"That's no problem", Hazel said and then she looked at me. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Thanks for coming", I said.

"Thanks for inviting. We couldn't talk much at the office. I wanted to ask you about your office and work-related stuff in detail", she said and I clenched my jaws.

I am here to talk about feelings and she's having business in her mind.

"We can have a meeting for office related topics later on. Let's talk about us", I said. She frowned.