Chapter 1

Bokuto's POV

"Is there anything else you need, Bokuto?" Akaashi asked as he straightened his posture. I shook my head and leaned back with a sigh.

"No, you may go." I said, Akaashi bowing and walking away. Once he left, I chuckled to myself. He must hate calling me "Bokuto". It is so informal, he says. But per our contract, he must do everything I say. And I wasn't comfortable with being constantly referred to as 'master'. 

Despite the way he hated to be so informal with me, Akaashi had to do whatever I wanted. He was after all, my butler. And a very special one at that. He was not like any other ordinary butler, or any other ordinary person for that matter.

I quietly looked through the papers scattered on my desk. Ah.. None of these were getting me anywhere..! I swiped my hands across the desk, the papers flying off to the side and landing everywhere on the floor. I stared at the mess, gritting my teeth before getting up and walking to the door and opening it.

"Akaashi." I said, in barely any time he walked over with a polite bow.

"Yes, Bokuto?"

"Clean this up." I said, quietly walking past him. He bowed again and waited for me to pass before cleaning up the papers scattered all over. I heard the noise of the papers rustling, but I ignored it and continued walking to the front door. 

Akaashi's POV

I sighed. What a mess he has made. Again. I quietly leaned down and picked up all the papers, rearranging them neatly again onto his desk. The door downstairs has opened and closed, so he has left. I cleaned up the rest of his study carefully before leaving the room to clean his room.

His bedroom was already clean, but I touched up what I could. This is much of what I did, day after day. I took care of Bokuto's estate and did whatever he asked of me. It was in our contract, after all. He was an awful lot of work, moreso than others I have served. But my reward in the end would be worth it. 

Once it was evening, I stood in the kitchen and prepared dinner. I had heard the door open and close twice. But Bokuto had returned, I could hear his footsteps. After the meal was prepared, I went and found Bokuto in his study again.

"Dinner is prepared." I said with a bow. Bokuto glanced up at me before nodding and following me to the dinning room. I placed down the food for him and ensured he had what he needed or wanted before leaving to clean the kitchen.

I returned to the dinning room after everything was cleaned, only to find the plates left half empty and none of the drink gone. I remained silent as I cleaned all of this up. Only was I disturbed when Bokuto's young daughter poked my leg and tugged at my tailcoat. 

"You missed dinner, young lady." I said, the girl shrugging indifferently. I continued cleaning as she walked off. Bokuto was a hard human to understand. I understood most humans. They all let their own selfishness and desires consume them. But Bokuto wasn't quite the same.

He has let hatred and revenge consume him instead. But this hatred always seemed to fade when his daughter was around him. He protected her from everything. And he has ordered me to do the same. No harm will ever befall the little one as long as I am here. It is an order.

I was never a fan of children. They are too mindless. They don't know what they get themselves into. I ignored the girl as I carefully changed my cloth gloves, but she continued to follow me about and kept tugging at the tail of my tailcoat.

"Is there something that you need?"

"Where's my dad."

"He is in his study." I said calmly, the girl nodding and running off to go find her father. She was the one thing that Bokuto cared for anymore. The only other thing that mattered to him now was his revenge. After all, he lost everything. 

His husband was murdered in front of his eyes. His family and childhood home was burned with his husband's body. His daughter was scarred in ways she could not heal from. And Bokuto's family has renounced him after his marriage. He had no one left but his daughter and his hatred.

It was what he lived for. And that is what made him special. His entire purpose, his entire drive in his life was to find everyone connected to his husband's murder, and make them suffer worse than he has. It was special. It made him desirable.

After the kitchen was thoroughly cleaned, I quietly moved to the dinning room and cleaned there. Only when I heard my name, did I abandon my work. I found Bokuto inside of his daughter's room. I took care of the entire estate, inside and out. But his daughter was the one thing here he took special care of.

He would carry her and bathe her. He would help her get dressed for the night and wake early to dress her for the day. He would braid or curl her hair however she liked. And there were nights he would allow her to stay with him. But tonight was not going to be one of those nights.

I watched in silence until Bokuto stepped out of his daughter's room. He closed the door quietly and made absolute sure she was asleep before looking at me.

"Is there something you needed, Bokuto?"

"Come with me." He said, walking past me. I turned and followed him to a room. A door he kept locked. He feared his little one would one day stumble upon the door and try to open. So he sealed it with only a key that I was capable of unlocking. 

I opened the door for him, looking inside to see a man in the center of the blackened room. The only light was the candles. His arms were bound together and tied above his head, his whole body hanging by the ceiling.

"Kill him."

"Are you certain?"

"I order you, to kill him." 

"As you wish, My Lord."