Chapter 22

Bokuto's POV
"So. What do you guys even do?" I asked Oikawa who was sitting in his husband's lap.

"Whatever we want really."

"Like, do you guys ever make contracts with humans like demons do, or?"

"We can. Not often though. We don't have the same magic as demons." Oikawa said, hooking an arm around Iwaizumi's neck. Honestly, Iwaizumi looked a bit annoyed, but it also kind of looked like that was just his face.

I just awkwardly nodded, getting up to go get Mika to tell her it was okay. I called her name, telling her our secret sentence so she knew it was me. She climbed out from underneath her bed, and then ran over, crashing into me. I laughed, picking her up and kissing her cheek.

"Who was it, daddy?"

"Oh, just some. Er, guests."

"Where's Akaashi?"

"Oh, he's going to have to be gone for a little bit."

"He's leaving..?"

"Well, for right now. He'll be back by tomorrow though." I said, Mika nodding and hanging onto me. It's not been but a couple minutes, and I already felt strange without Akaashi here. Not even as lovers, but in general. He's been at my side for a long time now. I was used to him being around. Even if what I did or ordered him to do annoyed him.

"Daddy, do you like Akaashi?"

"Huh? Oh, well... why do you ask?"

"I heard you making noises in your room last night that you used to make with daddy."

"......You did?"

"Uh huh."

"....Uh-"

"We're you guys playing?"

"..Yeah, we were."

"So do you like Akaashi a lot that you played with him??"

"..Yeah."

"Are you gonna marry him?" Mika asked, finally changing the topic. I took a second to breathe before glancing away.

"Probably not, baby."

"Why not?"

"Well, Akaashi is only going to be here a little bit. Then he has his own home he has to go to." I said, Mika looking a bit sad. I gave her cheek a kiss, carrying her around in circles in her room to soothe her. I felt a bit sad too. Part of me kind of wished that Akaashi's sudden behavior change was because he did love me. But I suppose I knew that that wasn't the case, that something was wrong. But there was always dreaming.

Kenma's POV
Kuroo was quick to create a portal to the human world, and getting us close to where Bokuto must live. I know Kuroo has visited Akaashi here before, so he knew where the estate was. But I didn't sense Akaashi here yet. Surely he wouldn't have transported himself far away and planned to walk.

I looked around quietly before grabbing Kuroo's hand. He looked down at me surprised as I dragged him around to the back of the estate. Only a bit in the distance, did I see Akaashi. 

"There he is."

"Ugh... We can fight him here. But we'll make a mess of Bokuto's estate and once Akaashi comes back to his senses, he'll beat me up.." Kuroo grumbled, making me smile faintly. 

"What if we put him to sleep?"

"We don't have that magic, Kenma."

"No. But we know someone who does."

"We do?" Kuroo asked, making me sigh. And I thought he was older than me.

"...Yes. The twins. One is the deity of sleep, one is the deity of death. I don't quite remember which is which though... But if we can get whichever one is the deity of sleep to help us. Then we'll be good."

"Alright, fair enough. But how are we gonna get to them? And with Akaashi?"

"You keep him distracted. I'll go to their realm." I said, Kuroo looking a bit worried but nodding.

"Alright.. Be careful okay?"

"You too." I said, Kuroo rushing off towards Akaashi to keep him from reaching Bokuto. I took in a breath, working quickly to create another portal. This time, to the world of what humans called gods and goddesses. I think it's where people got the ideas of a lot of mythology books and stories or something. I don't know.

I wasn't exactly a strange sight in this world. Reapers were considered mythological creatures, so I wasn't exactly turned down when I walked about. Where were the twins now...? I didn't know this realm very well. But I do know what they were the gods of, so maybe that could help. 

"A reaper eh? You lost?" I turned, seeing a young Demi-god look at me.

"Where is Hypnos?"

"Hypnos? Hah, no one calls him that. But if you wanna know, I can take you to him. For a price."

"What do you want."

"A strand of hair would do nicely." He said, holding his palm out. I raised my brow. A strange price, but it isn't like I had enough. I plucked a single strand of hair from my head and laid it in his palm. The Demi-god smiled, leading me around the realm.

Finally, we approached a large building that resembled the ones humans used to make in honor of gods of nature in hopes of mercy and good weather for crops. I just walked up to the entrance and tapped the door with my scythe. Waiting for a couple minutes when the large door swung straight up rather than out.

"Yes?"

"Are you Hypnos?"

"No, that's my brother. Though, we don't go by those names. Hypnos is what the humans named him."

"Well... Either way, may I see him?"

"Depends. Why?"

"I am here to ask for his help."

"Mm, alright. Come in." The man, who I'm assuming is who humans named Thanatos, said. I walked in, looking around. Wow. The decoration in here was. Terrible. I followed this deity through a long hallway until we came across another deity who looked the same, apart from the hair.

"Hey. Who's this?"

"I dunno. He came here asking for your help." 

"What do you want, reaper?" He asked, turning his body to face me. His brother left as I looked at him.

"I need you to put a demon to sleep for me."

"A demon? What for?"

"It is a long story. But he needs to be asleep for 24 hours." 

"Doesn't sound to hard. But why should I?"

"What do you want in return?" I asked, the deity smiling deviously at me. 

"I'll do what you ask if you do what I want. But I won't tell you what it is until after I do what you've asked of me. Got a deal?"

"Deal."