Chapter 11

Suga's POV

I returned home, carrying Mika in my arms. Others glanced at us curiously at the sight of a human, a little girl, in our realm. But no one said anything. Some even smiled and waved to Mika who just clung onto me silently. I knew that Mika wanted to see her father again.

And now that I knew that he was gone... I could use the necklace he passed down to his daughter to create a portal between the living and the dead for a while. I took Mika to a special pond, no one else here since you would only come here for the reason I am here.

"May I borrow your necklace again?"

"...Will you give it back?"

"Of course I will. I just need it for a little bit so that you can see your dad." I said, Mika slowly giving me the necklace. I thanked her, turning to the pond and dipping the white gem of the necklace into the water. Mika grabbed onto my side as the wind and water began to swirl.

 Her eyes widening when the water rose up, creating a blank human form. Slowly, the image of her father appeared. Once every detail was in place, Mika's father looked around or a few moments before stepping onto the ground.

"Daddy??" Mika said, her father looking down at her.

"Mika... look how much you've grown." He said, his hands shaking as he slowly kneeled down. Mika reached out, poking his arm to make sure she wasn't seeing things before letting go of me and hugging him. I watched with a small smile, Mika holding on tight to her father.

"Daddy, when are you gonna come home??" She asked, her dad holding back from crying it seemed.

"Oh baby doll.... I.. I can never come home."

"Why?"

"I have to live here now. I can't leave."

"Then I'll stay with you!" Mika said determinedly.  Her father smiling faintly, cupping her cheeks gently.

"You can't stay here baby."

"But I wanna stay with you!"

"What about daddy? He'll be lonely if you stay here."

"He can come here too!"

"I'm afraid neither of you can come here and stay. I can't stay here either."

"You're leaving again...?"

"I have to. I love you, Mika. Never forget that. If you ever wonder how much I love you.. I want you to count each star in the sky. And even then, I love you more than that." Mika's father said, picking Mika up and holding her closely.

I smiled sadly, Mika's father looking at me and mouthing a thank you. Both father and daughter didn't want to leave each other, but the magic wouldn't last forever. I could only allow him to stay for so long before the magic must recharge. He gently set his daughter down, Mika looking at him as he looked at me.

"Suga. I've not seen you for so long either. You look the same." He said with a small laugh. I smiled faintly, nodding.

"I suppose I don't age quite the same huh?"

"I suppose not... Suga. I have one more thing to ask of you... please."

"Of course."

"When the magic has returned, please, bring my husband here so I can see him one more time. His name is Kotaro Bokuto." He said, smiling sadly as I nodded. He gave Mika one last hug before stepping back on the water. The magic worn out as he returned to water. The white gem lost it's glow and shine, and it would only return when it has fully recharged.

Mika held onto me silently. I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt as her face was in my side. It must have been hard for her to see her father again like that. I picked the little one up, cuddling her close to me.

"Are you alright sweetheart?"

"...Yeah. I miss my daddy."

"I know. And he misses you too. Come on. Let's get you cleaned up and taken care of." I said, cradling her close before spreading my wings and taking her to my home. 

I gently washed her face once she was done crying. I fixed her hair and clothing before offering her any food. She wasn't hungry, but she did accept a small drink. She clung onto me while she sipped the juice. And I didn't mind. She needed someone right now. Now, the only thing I must figure at the moment is how to get Bokuto here...

I wasn't aware Mika's other father was still alive. Or perhaps he isn't. That demon could have done anything. It wouldn't be the first time a demon has taken children to raise as their owns, just to create contracts with them to consume their souls. I took in a breath, asking Mika as carefully as I could if Bokuto was still alive.

She confirmed with a little head nod before handing me the cup of juice that was half empty. I laughed slightly, taking the cup and setting it down. Well, I'm certain he must live in that home I found Mika in. But my worry is how he will respond to me. I essentially kidnapped his child. And I do not know this man. Hopefully he won't be out to kill me for what I have mistakenly done.

Bokuto's POV

"How are your wings?" I asked Yamaguchi. He gently stretched one out, smiling faintly.

 He gently stretched one out, smiling faintly

"They feel okay."

"Good. Will you be able to return home safely?"

"I believe so. As long as that demon does not decide to strike when I go."

"Don't worry. I do not think he will." I said with a smile, Yamaguchi smiling at me as he got up. He gave his wings a little flutter, glancing back at them before giving me a polite bow.

"I cannot thank you enough for saving me. As a gift, I want to give you this." He said, folding his hands as a white light glowed from his palms. After the light disappeared, he extended out to me a necklace with a green gem at the end of it.

"What is this?"

"It is a token of thanks. A bond. If you ever need me, all you must do is wish. And I'll hear it." He said with a smile. The freckles on his face almost glowing with his smile. I accepted the necklace, putting it around my neck.

"Thank you. I will take good care of it." I said, Yamaguchi nodding and turning to leave. Before he could go, I carefully placed my hand on his shoulder.

"May I ask of you one favor?"

"Huh? Of course!"

"May I come back to your realm with you? I would love to see it."