Chapter 18

Akaashi's POV
I stood quietly in the kitchen cooking. Normally, I had very few worries. What did I have to worry about? I had an eternity to live. I had many powers and very few would dare challenge me. But I couldn't take my mind off of Bokuto. Was it attraction? It couldn't possibly be love, could it?

I've experienced love. But never as a demon. But I do remember what it felt like. And the feelings I have are rather similar to what I had felt years ago. My thoughts were disrupted when there was a tug at my tailcoat. I looked down, seeing Mika looking up at me. She stared at me for a few moments before smiling when I picked her up.

"Good morning."

"Morning.. Where's daddy?"

"In his study."

"What're you making?"

"Coffee cake."

"Can I help?" She asked with a smile. I knew if I told her no, she would only throw a fit or tell her father. So I nodded and set her down.

"Here. Put these in the sink for me." I said, handing her a few bowls and spoons. She nodded and wandered over to the sink, struggling to reach. I didn't want her to drop the bowls, so I walked over and picked her up to help her. She set the dishes down with a smile, looking up at me for approval.

"Well done. Thank you." I said, setting her back down. She smiled as I returned to the counter to cook. Mika stuck around a while longer before saying she was going to go get Bokuto to eat. I nodded and watched her run off, soon returning with Bokuto. She was dragging him over by holding his hand, and because of their obvious height differences, Bokuto was a bit bent down as he walked.

"Someone tiny told me breakfast is done." Bokuto said, scooping Mika up. I nodded, asking him to please be seated in the dining room while I set the food out. Both ate while I quietly cleaned the kitchen. As I was washing the bowls that contained the batter, I felt a pair of hands rest on my waist. I turned my head slightly, being met with Bokuto's eyes.

"Is there something you needed, Bokuto?"

"I want another kiss..." He said, I paused for a moment before looking back down at the dishes in the sink.

"Is.. that an order?"

"No. I'm.. asking." He said, leaving me a choice. I kept my face away from him before slowly turning my head to the side again. Letting him press his lips against mine. Once Bokuto pulled away, I quietly finished rinsing out the bowl and drying it. Bokuto stayed and watched until I was finished.

"Is there something else you needed, Bokuto?"

"Yes. I do have an actual lead about one of the people we are looking for."

"And what is it?"

"It seems they're visiting. I want you to find her." He said, leading me to his room to share what he knew about her and her last whereabouts. After speaking with him a while longer, I gave him a bow and left to find her.

Iwaizumi's POV

I yawned, turning my head to admire my husband's face. He was passed out cold. And I think anyone would be after a good, how long was it, 8 hours straight of sex. I was ready to turn in as well when there was a knock at our door.

"What."

"Sorry Sir. But someone's come to see you."

"What? Who?"

"An angel?" 

An angel? I furrowed my brows, carefully getting out of bed and pulling proper clothes on and heading out. I walked outside the building, seeing an angel standing there. I raised my brow at him, rather impressed an angel would dare even come somewhere so unholy.

"What do you want."

"I want your help."

"Oh? How unusual."

"I want a spell. One to make a demon lovesick for a human."

"Why?"

"Must I tell you why?"

"Heh, no. I have such a spell for you. But are you aware what you're doing? Even though it may not be by your hand, this deed is enough to give you a run for your wings."

"I don't care if I lose them. Someone I care about already lost his, and is moving to a different realm to live. And I'm going to go with him. So I won't need the use of my wings anymore."

"How interesting. I'll give you what you want, in exchange for your name." I said, the angel fluffing his wings slightly before sighing.

"Tsukishima."

I grinned, nodding and creating just what he wanted.

Tsukishima's POV

Finally back in the human realm. That realm of succubi was filthy. More than I imagined. But I have what I want. I was willing let that demon go, but when I had returned home, I returned to Yamaguchi crying. 

He was mourning the loss of his wings as well as the pain left by the scars on his back. It was more than I could bear to see him like that. So I promise that the human and demon who did this will not get what they want. Killing them could be a bit far. But with this spell, neither would accomplish their goals.

Demons make contracts with humans to eat their souls. If that demon became lovestruck of Bokuto, he'd abandon his duties and their contract could be broken. Then, the human would not get what he traded his literal soul for, and the demon would starve. 

I returned to where I had encountered the angel and followed the path to where he was headed until I came across a large estate. The human he was serving must be wealthy. I kept myself hidden, listening silently. I could hear talking inside.

I glanced at my wings, spreading them to fly up and see through the windows. I saw that little girl asleep in her room. And I heard noise in another. I heard their voices.. They were speaking, something about a woman. Well, it didn't matter what they were talking about.

I took the small pouch from my pocket, untying the small ribbon keeping the pouch sealed. A small puff of smoke escaped the bag, it forming a heart. I sighed to myself, tossing the bag into the window where the two were. I returned to the ground when my wings suddenly gave out.

Even though falling hurt, I could hear coughing come from the window. I stayed there, listening to what I could from the opened window.

"What the hell was that? Hey, you alright??? Akaashi???"