Chapter 24

24 Hours Passed: Akaashi's POV

Where was I? I sat up, glancing around. A door swung open and Kuroo poked his head in.

"Hey you're awake."

"...Yes, I am." I said, getting up. 

"How ya feeling?"

"Care to explain what has happened?" I asked, Kuroo telling me about everything that went on the past 24 hours. I quietly nodded, glancing over when Kenma poked his head in as well.

"I see. Well. Thank you both for helping Bokuto and I." I said, both reapers telling me to be careful in the future. I gave them each a polite bow before returning home to Bokuto. I could sense Oikawa and his husband were here. They likely were here as an extra precaution for Bokuto. 

"Akaashi?" I walked to the room Bokuto's voice came from, finding him in his room. 

"Hello Bokuto. I, apologize for my behavior the past day."

"I see you're back to normal... Uhm, don't worry about it, it isn't your fault." Bokuto said with a small smile. I nodded, walking closer. Bokuto looked up at me before asking me to sit. I sat next to him as he tapped his fingers on his leg.

"Is there something troubling you, Bokuto?"

"Huh? Oh, no. Do you remember anything from the past 48 hours?"

"Yes. I remember much of it." 

"Heh, um. Must be weird for you."

"My actions were not entirely my own."

"Yeah, I know I know."

"...But they were not entirely from the spell." I said quietly, Bokuto looking over at me quickly and with a tilted head.

"What do you mean..?"

"You're one of the only humans I have ever encountered that I have not minded your.. company."

"Really?"

"Yes. It is strange since I have not experienced that feeling in years. But perhaps being your butler isn't so bad." 

"Well, you being my butler hasn't been so bad. And, with our contract... we aren't done yet." Bokuto said while scratching the back of his head. I nodded simply, for once, not entirely sure what to say.

"Bokuto. Do you still feel the level of anger, and need for revenge as you did when we first met?"

"..No, not really."

"I can tell. Your soul has used me to mend itself."

"...Guess that means it's not really gonna taste all that good anymore, huh?"

"No, it would not." 

"If you want. We can break our contract. You can find another human who would be a better meal." 

"Mm, I could. That way you would live. Or at least live normally."

"Yeah."

"What if we broke our contract. And I stayed with you.." I said, Bokuto looking a bit surprised.

"What do you mean by that..?"

"I mean just as I said. I have feelings for you, feelings I have not had the opportunity to feel for years." I said honestly. Bokuto stared at me in surprise for a while before leaning forward and giving me a gentle kiss.

"You really mean that?"

"Yes, I do."

"You'd want to stay with me even though I'm a human?"

"What does being human have to do with this?"

"Well, I mean. You have an eternity to live. I don't." Bokuto mumbled, making me laugh faintly.

"I see you have spoken with Oikawa."

"Well, maybe a little. Who else did I have to talk to the past day?"

"..."

"Akaashi?"

"...There is a way to turn you immortal. You and Mika both."

"What?"

"There is a way."

"What is it..?"

"You both would have to become like me." 

Bokuto's POV

...Really? Would I want to really do that? And what about Mika? I mean, honestly, this all felt crazy. But say I did become... like Akaashi. I would let Mika chose. Since it'd be her life, her soul.

"Um. Do I have to pick now?" I asked, Akaashi laughing faintly and shaking his head.

"No. It is simply information for you to know." He said, tilting his head as I quietly pulled him into my lap. He looked at me patiently when I let out a breath.

"You won't like, starve if we broke our contract, right?"

"No. I would simply find another soul and remain with you when I am not serving whomever it may be I create a new contract with."

I don't know. I mean, I really don't think I have a use for our contract anymore. I still hate all the people who killed my deceased husband. And have scarred Mika. But, I felt like none of it was worth it if I had Akaashi with me. He was all I needed. 

My mind wandered back to the one night we spent together. Even if it was Akaashi being under a spell, it was the definition of perfection. To wake up with him in my arms, to kiss him and see him each morning. The thought of getting to keep that excited me. Gave me more than just one reason to keep going. 

"Are you in need of some more time to think about it, Bokuto?"

"...Well, yes. But, it isn't because I don't have feelings for you or anything. It's just, a lot to think about." I mumbled, Akaashi nodding in understanding and gently cupping my cheeks. He gave me a soft kiss before smiling ever so slightly.

"I understand. Our contract shall remain the same then. I will serve you faithfully as your butler. It will be my sole purpose to help you find each person who has harmed your family."

"...Is it possible to change the terms of our contract at all?"

"It is possible. But it requires another brand. What do you wish to change it to?" Akaashi asked, sounding genuinely curious. 

I smiled slightly, scratching the back of my head. If I was ever going to move on in life, to make a better life and environment for Mika. Then I would need to forget my revenge. What kind of example is that for my daughter anyway? I suppose that there are a few things that Akaashi could be useful for in other ways. Maybe fixing a mess or two that I made along the way in a blind search of rage.