Chapter One

Hi! My name is Emily and I am from Oklahoma and I recently just got a lead part in a Netflix show playing Julie in Julie and the Phantoms. My best friend is Owen Joyner. If you think his name sounds familiar you might recognize him from 100 things to do before high school or Knight Squad. We have been best friends since 7th grade ever since I was forced to tutor him. Recently Owen encouraged me to start acting again so we both went out for Julie and The Phantoms and we both made the cut! I decided I wanted to surprise Owen on set so I asked Kenny to keep who was playing Julie a secret. Today was the last day before I fly to Vancouver to start boot camp. As I zip up my last suitcase I look around my room. I had lived in this room my whole life and it was going to be weird not waking up in these walls. Because Owen has no idea that I will be doing this show with him I will not be rooming with him, I will be living with Charlie Gillespie for the next year. I have never met Charlie before but we have talked for about a month and decided to move in together because we both need roommates because the rent would be too expensive on our own. I currently live with my parents but after we film season one I plan on moving to New York. Owen has always talked about wanting to come with me but it's never really been a plan that has been made. After sitting in my room for five minutes I heard a knock at the door. Since I am the only one home at the moment I go downstairs to see Owen.

Owen: Hey Em

Emily: Hey O, what's up?

Owen: I just wanted to come to hang out with you one last time before I leave, I leave early tomorrow morning

Emily: I know O and I'm going to miss you

Owen: How about we go to the beach

As much fun as the beach sounded I couldn't go because all my bathing suits were packed away even though I was moving to Canada.

Emily: How about we go to middle school instead? We can hang out there one last time before you go.

Owen: Alright, I'll drive.

We spend the day driving around town and going to all the places where we used to hang out. Owen didn't know it but I was soaking it all in just as much as he was.

-- The next morning--

My alarm went off at four and I mentally slapped myself. I was waking up early so I could go with Owen and his family to the airport to say "goodbye". After I took a shower and got dressed I put on some light makeup side I knew I was going to be traveling all day. I got in my car and drove to Owen's house. When I got there all of his family was loading into the car. I got in the backseat with Owen and then we were at the airport.

Emily: I'm not going to miss you O

Owen: I know you will bub

Emily: Promise me when we get to the airport you aren't going to cry when you say goodbye to me

Owen: I promise

When we got to the airport Owen said goodbye to all of us, like promised he would shed no tears in front of us but I knew when he turned and walked away he was going to cry a little. We got back in the car and I talked with his family about how I was going to surprise him. Charlie and I decided that I was going to ghost him and then when me and Charlie were the last people to walk in on the first day of boot camp we were going to yell surprise. We had already gotten approval for Kenny to be five minutes late. When I drove back home I loaded up my parent's car and said my goodbyes. My mom drove me to the airport and I said goodbye to her. I text Owen goodbye for a period afterward so he would know something was up. I stopped sharing my location with him and turned my phone off. Since our first day of boot camp was tomorrow I knew he wasn't going to worry for too long. I know it's very irresponsible of us to be moving the day before we start work but we have had family obligations the last couple of days, plus Charlie told me he would have the apartment set up and that we would just need my stuff that wouldn't take long to unpack. After a long 9 hour flight Charlie picked me up from the airport and we got to know each other in the car. Not gonna lie he was pretty cute. When we got home he helped me unpack my stuff and then we sat on the couch eating takeout for dinner watching high school musicals.

Authors Note: Hey guys, Happy New Year! I hope you enjoy the first chapter!! I'm sorry there wasn't much detail in this chapter but I promise there will be in future chapters. Don't forget to vote and comment down below!! Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!

Never be afraid to message me, I'm always here for you when you need it.