Chapter Three

Charlie drove us back home since rehearsal ended at 4 and we didn't plan on meeting at the restaurant until 6. Once we got inside the apartment Charlie and I both went to take showers. When I got out of the shower I put on some light makeup because it was just going to be friends. I went into the living room where I saw Charlie playing the song from the rooftop scene of High School Musical Three.

Charlie: There you are! We have to leave in five minutes but there is something that I want to talk to you about when we get home.

Emily: Alright, should I be worried? You're not replacing me, are you?

Charlie: No, it's nothing too worthy about, just something I thought about for the show. Plus why would I get a new roommate, you can sing, you can dance, you can cook, and you're super organized like me.

Emily: Wait I've never made you any food before? How do you know I am a good cook?

Charlie: Oh, I was talking with Owen earlier and he was raving about your cooking.

Emily: Aww that's sweet of him, but will you do something for me?

Charlie: Sure, anything

Emily: If Owen starts to tell you any stories from back home, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM

Charlie: Why what embarrassing stories don't you want to get out?

Emily: Trust me, if I listed off every embarrassing moment since 7th grade that Owen could possibly use over my head, we would miss dinner

Charlie: Speaking of dinner we should head out before we're late

Emily: Alright, let me just grab my phone.

After I grabbed my phone, Charlie and I skipped to the car linked arms like a bunch of children. I think this next year with Charlie is going to be pretty amazing since we both act like children most of the time. Our personalities are actually very similar. When we got to the car he opened the door with a fake British accent, it was a pretty decent accent considering the fact that he's half Canadian half french but still.

Charlie: *Fake British Accent* M'lady

Emily: *Mocking Accent* Well thank you, kind sir.

Charlie got in the car and we drove to the restaurant that was only twenty minutes away from us.

Emily: Oooo lets play twenty questions

Charlie: Alright, but I want to go first

Emily: Ok, fair

Charlie: What's your favorite color

Emily: Black

Charlie: Solid choice

Emily: What's your favorite T.V. show?

Charlie: Sex education, what about you?

I asked Charlie this question because I knew he was going to ask it back to me. I used to be a dancer growing up so I was obsessed with this show called The Next Step and Charlie guest-starred on it for a little bit so I decided to use this information to my advantage.

Emily: Hmmm good question, probably The Next Step

Right as I said it I could see Charlie's face go white. Charlie quickly regains himself and clears his throat

Charlie: Oh really? I've never heard of it

Emily: Hmmm that's interesting since you were in it

Charlie: I- you could recognize me

Emily: Yeah I can, but it's nothing to be ashamed of, I think it's cute

Charlie smirks at me as I said that