Chapter 11 - Part Two

Authors Note:

So I'm trying something new for this chapter. This part of the chapter will be from Charlie's point of view.

Charlies Pov

After getting to Starbucks I drove to the studio. I'm extremely nervous because even though I have been singing my whole life I have never recorded something that I have written and shared it with other people let alone it being on a Netflix show. I'm not going to let Emily see how much this is bothering me because I know I'm just being dramatic.

Authors note: Remember your feelings are valid, just because no one else is feeling them doesn't mean they're not real.

We arrive at the studio and I sit in the car for a second.

Emily: Aren't you coming in

Charlie: You can go ahead without me, tell Kenny I'll be there in a few minutes, I just need to call me mom

Emily: Are you ok?

Charlie: Yeah, of course

Emily: You know you can tell me anything right, I'm here for you.

Charlie: I know, but I'm fine. I just want to call my mom before I forget.

Emily: Alright I'll see you in a few.

Emily gives me a kiss on the cheek and then walks into the studio. I feel bad for lying to her but I'm scared she'll just laugh at me. I call my mom because she always knows how to calm me down in these situations.

-- On the phone--

Jeanette: Hello?

Charlie: Hey mom

Jeanette: Oh hey Charlie, what's up?

Charlie: I'm at the studio with Emily and we're about to record the songs that we wrote but I'm really scared

Jeanette: Charlie, you're going to do amazing, I know you will. Is Emily with you right now?

Charlie: No I told her she could go ahead into the studio and I was going to stay in the car for a second to call you

Jeanette: Does she know how you're feeling?

Charlie: No

Jeanette: Charlie you need to tell her, that's what relationships are about is communication, I promise she's not going to laugh at you or think your feelings are invalid. If you keep your feelings all balled up you're going to break.

Charlie: How did you know?

Jeanette: I carried you in my body for nine months and you've been diagnosed with anxiety since you were sixteen.

Charlie: I love you, mom

Jeanette: I love you too, now go record your songs!

Charlie: Ok bye

-- End of the phone call --

After hanging up with my mom I feel a little bit better. I grab my phone and keys and walk into the studio. When I walk in I walk up to the desk and tell her my name. She points down the hall so I thank her and walk through the door that says JATP.

Authors note: Here's part two! Part three is coming soon don't worry!