Chapter Twenty One: Discussion

Author's note: Happy New Years everyone! I love you all, hope you guys get to do something you love. <3

***

Saturday.

Saturday was a full week-ish away.

You took a breath in as you stood on the doorstep, cold and a little anxious.

You needed your answers, and given the circumstances, you could find out.

It was your chance.

You gingerly twisted the knob, making yourself known within the home as you shook your wings to dry them.

You took off your shoes, peering around.

Instantly, you saw your older brother.

You denied to yourself that he could have been a villain.

That wasn't the Keigo you knew.

The hero was in a comfy, white shirt that dropped down a bit along with a pair of sweats.

He was directly in front of you, a good few metres away with his back turned.

The room was dark.

Moonlight creeped in from the windows; enough to illuminate everything with an eery glow.

"You were there." Keigo stated.

His voice was steady, as if he knew what was playing out was inevitable.

"I was." You replied, admitting what you witnessed.

His golden strands of hair shuffled together as he tilted his head ever so slightly toward you. His chin angled downwards with his back still turned from before.

The corner of his eye could be seen, accompanied by a blazing, yellow iris.

It was almost frightening, seeing your brother this way.

You probably didn't look any better.

"Did somebody tell you where I was?" Keigo asked calmly.

Despite his demeanour, the winged figure still stayed level headed, unswayed.

Still had that gentle tone in his voice when he spoke to you.

Your head was pounding, half from the cold and half from trying to figure out how to answer the question.

"I walked past where you two were on the way home." You responded nonchalantly.

"The way home from UA doesn't intersect with the park, Y/n." Keigo commented, not interrogating, just curious.

"I visited the Todorokis." You replied.

The winged hero turned around, now facing you.

'Oh' was all he had said.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I thought maybe Dabi told you, but I should've known that it would've been too näive." He sighed.

You were glad it was dark.