Chapter One: Blueflame

"A what?" Kaminari asked Aizawa, eyes wide from shock.

"You heard me the first time, now sit back down." Aizawa ordered, sounding three seconds away from passing out. The tired man always seemed to be either half asleep or half dead.

Usually, it were both.

"A training camp?" Kirishma repeated. "Heck yeah, that'd be so fun!"

Even Bakugou, who usually just scowled at anyone who even looked his way, seemed slightly interested.

"I don't mean to offend anyone at all, but Aizawa-sensei, isn't it dangerous to have a training camp now? Especially after the USJ attack." Iida asked, without any pause in his sentences.

It was as if he always read and reread the words in his head beforehand. He seemed anxious, and the atmosphere spread throughout 1-A.

Aizawa remained slumped, sighing. "I know you are all worried. The staff has changed the location of the training camp to ensure your absolute safety. The camp will still go on. Take this chance to become better, stronger, and leave the rest to us."

Iida calmed down just bit, still jittery as usual.

Aizawa continued. "The camp will take place three days from now. I assume some of you will need to prepare. You have the rest of the day to go and do so."

The teacher zipped himself up in a sleeping bag and fell asleep in an instant, caterpillar-style.

The class, who was used to this type of behaviour from their teacher, chatted among themselves.

At this dismissal, you walked over to Shoto. The space between everyone's desks were always a little too cramped for the extensions your quirk had given you. You winced as the sensitive part had hit Mineta's table.

"Hey, watc- Oh, it's Y/n!" You knew he was eyeing you without having to look at him.

You didn't apologise and kept walking.

Studying Shoto's face was not the easiest task.

As always, he had an unreadable expression that almost always seemed to be contemplating something.

"Hey, Shoto. " You greeted him, "You excited or what?"

Todoroki perked his head up, caught out of his daze.

He nodded.

"I wonder what type of training they'll get us to do. I still need to work on a few things..." Shoto replied, looking down at his palms.

Of course.

He had nearly crushed the entire stadium at the Sports Festival. At the top of the class, sat Shoto- Shoto Todoroki, who was constantly looking for ways to keep pushing forward, despite already being above many of his classmates.

You admired this side of Shoto, as it was something you could relate to, though his determination was much stronger.

This was one of those things only you and Shoto could understand- a shadow that lurked above us, the shadow in which we were forced to tread in and try match, and in Todoroki's case, overcome. 

"Hey, Y/n!" You heard the familiar, energy-run voice of your classmate.

"Hey, Denki. Hey, Kirishma." You greeted them as both Kaminari and Kirishma joined you.

The two usually came together. They were either with one another, or trailing behind Bakugou.

"Yaoyorozu asked if you guys wanted to come shopping with us later. We all get the day off, and Class 1-A has never hung out together before!" Denki offered with a trail of excitement.