Chapter Twenty Two: Chaos in the City

Author's note: Sorry for the late update! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

Also, I got the chapters wrong so this is 22.

***

Friday hit fast.

Days of the usual, busy atmosphere within UA continued.

People you had never seen before would greet you as you and your peers continued to train.

Today, Aizawa had given the class of 1A the entirety of the school period to go to each of their internships.

To your convenience this meant you could go on patrol with Hawks.

Tokoyami and you were walking in the city where your brother was located to keep watch on.

"Y/n," Hawks said, gesturing for you to walk next to him for you were walking behind with Tokoyami, "You remember what to do tomorrow, right?"

You nodded.

Stay with Shoto back at home.

"No matter what, don't come here." He warned in a big-brother-protective voice.

"I got it, I got it." You replied.

Tokoyami had probably wondered what the two of you were talking about but was respectful enough to keep quiet.

It was interesting to know what your brother was up to being a pro hero up close.

"It's been pretty peaceful these past few days." Hawks commented.

"Maybe the League is scared of your ugly face." You smirked.

Hawks smiled, chuckling. "I'm so hurt."

Tokoyami admired his sensei, it wasn't everyday you saw someone with wings too.

And Tokoyami had met two of them.

"You guys want to eat anything?" Hawks asked, glancing around at the options.

You leaned over to your friend. "He probably just wants chicken. Say anything but that." You whispered.

"Wouldn't a hero with wings have a bit more sympathy for birds?" He whispered back.

"Nah. He lives for that stuff." You smirked.

"What you two laughing about, huh?" Hawks questioned, eyeing the two of you suspiciously.

He'd overheard, of course.

You ignored him anyway. "Can we get something sweet?"

Hawks nodded, walking towards a store on the main street.

Occasionally, there'd be people who would accidentally drop their groceries or nearly fall, just to be saved by your brother's killer instincts.

It's what they had taught you- be alert at all times, take in every single bit of your environment.

Always prioritise lives first.

Large crowds were trailing Hawks. You and Tokoyami, being two students from the famed hero school, only added to it.

You looked behind you at the vast gathering of people that had collected together in such a short time.

At the front, there was a little boy with white hair holding onto his mother's hand.

He was staring at you in admiration.

You saw him tug on his mother's dress, and his pureness as a child reminded you of what Touya could have been.