Chapter Twenty Four: Sorry, Shoto

It had been days since disaster had struck the city.

The news flooded with reports of trashed crime scenes.

Hawks had eventually found the both of you, taking you from Dabi as he asked one of his coworkers to take Tokoyami and you home.

What you were doing wasn't right to what you had been training for your entire life.

It was wrong.

So, very wrong.

And you knew all along, all those times you had found his presence anywhere near comforting that you were starting to question yourself.

Hawks fought everyday to protect the people, constantly putting his life on the line for you, for everyone.

And here you were, being low enough to feel little guilt staying in Dabi's company.

Now, it was slowly caving in on you.

Hawks had his reasons for working with him.

The pro hero was a double agent, after all, and you'd never sell him out for anything.

Not to Dabi, no one.

But for you?

What reasons did you have?

You felt some kind of...shattered safety and nostalgia with him, something that reminded you of someone you knew long ago.

It was definitely not morally right and was corrupting your reputation as a hero student, but you'd never felt this sort of connection with anyone, as much as you'd hate to admit it.

One could call it selfish.

And really, it was.

But confiding in Dabi was like confiding in a part of you that you wouldn't dare explore as an individual.

Because to you, Dabi was just a broken hero.

Someone who needed support but went down the wrong path finding it.

In the midst of your thoughts, your phone beeped, stringing you out of your tight headspace.

Kaminari.

(Personal charger) 12:45
I heard what happened on the news. Isn't that where you had your internship, Y/n? Please answer, Kirishima and I are worried.

You sighed, not having much energy to talk to anyone. Eventually, you decided you would've been a horrible friend if you left them in the dark.

You had texts from your classmates throughout the week that you had yet to respond to.

You had forgotten about your device, wanting to be on your own for a while.

Hawks already told Shoto that you were fine, at the very least.

Nevertheless, there were still at least a dozen missed calls.

There was one text from a certain black haired male blended in with everyone else's replies.

(Burnt bits) Saturday 1:01
We need to talk.