Chapter Thirteen: You and Me

Author's note: This won't be in italics since it's longer. I wrote this while it was raining outside, listening to ANCHOR- SLOWED AND REVERB. Play it if you want, enjoy :)

***

"Thread it through here." The boy showed the wounded figure, holding bandages.

This time though, it was a different boy.

One who beamed a little lighter than the other one, dreamed a little harder and smiled a little brighter.

But the two understood each other the same, loved with the same capacity and strived with the same determination.

And the young girl sat there, watching as her brother folded the roots of her wings in white cloth.

There was a tiny knock on the dorm the two shared as the her brother got up.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be right back. I love you."

And he was out the door with a playful ruffle in his sister's hair.

They had made a trip to their friend's dorm to make use of the bandages he had.

They shared them around in the trio- all for burn damage.

The little girl was able to train now.

She was old enough to endure whatever the hero commission would put in her path.

Tomorrow would be another today.

But one day, tomorrow would be a turning point.

A tomorrow where the world didn't suffer at the mercy of cruelty's hands.

Not everyone knew that underside of the world.

But those who did- especially those who had experienced that burden first hand- knew that it didn't spare loved ones or listen to desperate pleads.

It pushed and pushed and pushed until the victims were left hollow inside.

That is, unless, there was a way out.

One where the prey finally escaped.

She walked over the the small, wooden desk in the corner of the room.

A few books and a pen was all there was.

The lid was off the pen.

Her friend Touya had been writing.

As she spotted the white piece of parchment paper, she froze.

She grabbed the sheet, holding it up to her face.

It was obvious he hadn't finished it, in fact, there were only two words scribbled on the top left.

They read:

Dear, Keigo.

What kind of message did the boy have to tell her brother that had to be so...private?

She left the sheet on the desk as to not lose it, making her way back to her own dorm she shared with her brother.

She trusted Touya.

Probably with her life, even.

If she'd just ask, he'd tell her.

But instinctively, she was already preparing to the tiny voice that tugged at the back of her head.

Her brother had said something about meeting the white haired boy earlier- the two of them would be together.

As she approached the door, two voices became loudly coherent.