Chapter Twenty Three: Forget It All

Touya had hit the girl midair whilst training his own quirk out of sheer curiosity.

He should have been more cautious.

His quirk disobeyed what he had intended for it to do- some fire trick- and spiralled upwards towards the girl.

The red haired boy watched in horror as a scream sounded through the area he and his friend were in.

Then, she started to fall.

And as she started to fall, the flames engulfed a part of her wing that would never heal, and soon enough- a part or her heart, too.

The noise around her began to fade as she lost consciousness, the last thing she heard was a desperate yell of her name.

***

As Dabi, quite literally, dragged you around the now semi empty road, your brother was no where to be found.

Glancing around, hushed cusses spilled out of his mouth.

"He's supposed to be here..." You heard him mumble.

Dabi had his hand wrapped firmly around your arm, blocking out any chance of you separating from him.

Before he decided to destroy the whole city, you had to at least try stop the villain.

You tugged on his sleeve, trying to get his attention. "Dabi, don't do what you're going to do."

He snapped his head back, shooting you a glare. "Who said I have to listen to you?"

"It doesn't have to be this way." You responded, careful with your words.

"You. Don't. Know. Anything. About. Me." His hand tightened around you.

"I know more about you than you think." You answered flatly.

You knew that Dabi was truly just a broken hero- someone pained by their past.

If anything, his damaged physical features displayed it already.

Dabi glared at you. "Are you fucking insane?" He scoffed.

The two of you were going off at each other in the alleyway, and your voices bounced off the close walls.

"No, I'm not." You responded, annoyed now.

"Yes, you are! You keep bringing up this stupid boy from your childhood as if anybody here cares!" You could feel heat emerging from his body as it encased the air around you.

You were still holding onto the sleeve of his black cloak without even realising it.

You let go, glaring at him. He noticed this instantly as his azure eyes seemed to flare just that little bit more.

"Would you stop?" You yelled, sensitive at the sudden mention of a certain red haired boy.

"You should close your damn mouth. He's probably not the same boy you knew and also probably doesn't care about you!" He yelled, teeth clenched.

"I know he does." You tried to tell
yourself, Dabi's words stabbing at you like sharpened blades.

"You're the number two hero's sister, you'd think this boy would've found you by now, huh?" He jabbed.