Chapter Six: The Other Target

As you tumbled down to the forest, immense wind pushed hard against you.

Your mind had gone dizzy, to completely spacing out and numbing.

As you hit the ground, you didn't even feel the pain. Cold, cold hands turned you over.

The fire had extinguished from the fall.

"...Y/n?"

"...Y/n? Can you hear me?"

"...Y/n, if you can hear me, could you move your hand?"

"Oh god, her wings..."

"She'll be fine, they didn't reach the roots."

"Y/n, please wake up."

"We need to get her back. There's too much-"

"HEY, CHICKEN WINGS! GET THE HELL UP!"

"Bakugou!"

The sudden increase in volume had snapped you back into consciousness.

Warm blood was beginning to pool beneath your body.

Too much blood.

I feel cold. So cold.

Shoto gently sat you up on your side.

Is this what dying feels like?

As your eyes fluttered open, you tried to concentrate on the concerned faces staring down at you.

"Where am I?" You stopped as you took in the state of your body.

You were covered in burns, all which were not too severe, but still hurt like hell.

As you tried moving your wings in front of you, they didn't appear.

"Shoto?" You reached out, knowing he'd give an honest answer.

"Where are my wings?"

Shoto's teeth clenched together, knowing full well this wouldn't have done you any good.

"Your wings will be okay. Though, the rest of your feathers seemed to have completely burned off." He explained, a hint of guilt traced in his voice.

"Icy-Hot's trying to say that you are now a wingless chicken." Bakugou added, now smiling at you.

You repeated after him. "A...wingless...chicken..."

You reached your hand behind you, relieved to feel the small buds of your wings still there.

They could grow back in a day or so, though because of the already scarred area, it'd take longer on the left.

You sighed. "I'm fine guys, my feathers grow back. Are you all alright to go? We need to head back as soon as possible, the centre's not too far away."

You got up and began treading back to the centre.

You had to change route, Blueflame's fire had shot you, surely- whether it had come from the forest fire or a direct projectile from the villain himself- you had to avoid him and his allies at all cost.

Especially if there was a risk that they were near by.

The others followed along, Bakugou and Midoriya taking the lead.

As you turned into a forest clearing, nothing could have prepared you for what you had seen, or rather, what had happened next.

Midoriya and Bakugou, who were both directly in front if you, had stopped in their tracks, staying still.