5.

Reader pov:

I roamed around the headquarters with Yuno. I wore the squad's signature robe that was given to me by Captain Vangeance earlier, as did Yuno. The robe is made of gold-coloured fabric with faint gold patterns on the surface and only covers my torso. The hood has blue fur around the edges and a pair of blue rope coming out the left-hand side.

As for the base, it was a palace-like structure atop a hill. It is located in an unknown region of the Clover Kingdom. It was so different from the small foster church. My eyes gleamed as we reached the courtyard. We walked down the pavement. In the absence of flaming torches, the dimness gave the impression of twilight. A fountain stood in the middle of the grassy plain. The water sparkled underneath the moonlight.

Footsteps echoed across the courtyard as my gaze met with a male that looked around to my age. I tilted my head as he pushed his dark glasses with rectangular frames. A diamond-like shape protrudes from the bridge of these glasses. He wore a pair of gold, hooped earrings. The man had a slender build, around the same height as Yuno. His light blue coloured hair is short and pushed to the sides and back while also having an angular fringe to his left-hand side.

I stood there in silence along with Yuno who was beside me.

"So you two are our new members this year? What are your names?" the unnamed male broke the awkward silence.

"It's Yuno," my childhood friend spoke.

"My name is [Y/n], nice to meet you..." I smiled. There was a stop at the end of my sentence, waiting for him to tell us his name.

"Klaus Lunettes. You two are neither a royal nor a noble, but a peasant from the boonies, and he let you join our squad. What in the world is Captain Vangeance thinking?" he blabbered. I clenched my fist, hearing enough provoking for the day. "Don't get a big head just because all the captains raised their hands for the both of you at the exam. You won't be accepted as a member of the Golden Dawn that easily."

Second-person pov:

You bit the inside of your mouth, looking at the ground as you tried to keep your composure. Yuno noticed that you were getting irritated and decided to speak up. "We'll see to it that you accept us soon."

"That's some mouth you have," Klaus responded, making your blood boil. You took a deep breath trying to calm yourself down, it worked. The light-blue-haired male walked away, gesturing to follow him. So you two did just that. Klaus gave you a small tour of the gigantic place. Although, it was mostly just the three of you walking around the place in silence. You wondered how Asta was doing. You hoped that he was doing ok, considering the aggressive captain that he has. You smiled to yourself knowing that he would be happy and wouldn't give up under any circumstances. He was probably training himself.

Klaus led the two of you to Yuno's room. He opened the white door with floral golden print, stepping inside as the two of you followed him in. Cyan and gold covered the walls in fancy neat designs. A crimson-coloured carpet laid on top of the maroon marble floors. A golden chandelier decorated with gemstones hung above the three of you. One window faced the bed on the opposite side of the room. Mostly everything was made out of gold, wood,  and expensive-looking things.

"Tomorrow, I'll be lecturing you on your duties as a Magic Knight. I'd rather not be your instructor, but the captain ordered me to do so, and as such, I have no choice. Are you listening?" Klaus turned to Yuno. "It's Yuno. I have a name, and it's Yuno, Klaus," the ravenette narrowed his brows.

"I'm your senior. You'll address me with respect," Klaus growled.

"Understood."

"[Y/n], follow me, I'll show you your room next door and introduce you to Naila, your instructor," the light-blue-haired male turned to you. You were too busy admiring the room to notice that your name was called. "[Y/n]."