9.

Previously...

"Watch out!" you paled before rushing to push Noelle out of the way. You grunted, taking the hit, as Noelle fell to the ground.

"[Y/n]!"

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You grunted, coughing up blood from the impact. A sharp electric pain surged through your whole body, focusing mostly on your lower abdomen as you were thrown into the air before slamming against the ground. You winced, trying to endure the wave of feeling as if daggers were plunged into your skin one by one. Your breathing was heavy. You felt your blood dripping down your skin. 

"[Y/n]! You bastard! How dare you do that to my possible future wife?!" Asta pulled out his sword, charging towards Mars.

"I know your abilities now. If that blade is able to cut through various magics, then what about magic that's faster than your blade? " the diamond mage stated. Blades made out of crystals surrounded the light-purple-haired male, spinning at high speed. They zoomed towards Asta, who cut through them. He was struggling to keep up with the speed of the crystal blades. As Asta looked away from him to focus, Mars took it as a chance to strike the ash-blonde, sending him crashing through a wall with a round gold mirror on it. 

You felt a warm presence on your stomach as you laid still. You could tell it was Mimosa's mana. Yuno struggled to break out of the crystalized restraints as he clenched his jaw. Mars took notice that Mimosa was healing you. He began to approach you, Noelle, and Mimosa.

Yuno's eyes went wide as Mars stepped closer to the three of you.  'If only I could use my grimoire...' He thought.

The crystal mage summoned daggers made out of crystal pointed towards your direction. Yuno's heart dropped. He's never felt so useless in his life. The ravenette wanted to save you but, all he could do was watch you get hurt. He hated that he couldn't do anything for the person that he cared about deeply. The one that has stuck with him his whole life. Of course, Asta stuck with him too, but the ravenette saw him as a brother. It was different with you. He saw you as someone that means so much to him that he would do anything to keep you safe. He gritted his teeth at the thought of seeing you hurt again. 

The blades charged in your direction. "[Y/N]! Mimosa!" your senior yelled. Noelle grabbed her wand, stepping in front of you and mimosa. She pointed it towards the crystal giant. Her hand shook in fear, but her expression was filled with determination. Before Noelle could react, Asta's sword zoomed past every single blade in an instant. The sword in his hand was different from his other one. 

He struggled to keep up with Mars as he fought him. "Even if I can cut through his attack magic, as long as he has that recovery magic, I won't be able to finish him off! What should I do?" Asta mumbled to himself. You heard everything and felt the need to get up and tell him to stop being stupid, but before you could say anything, Noelle spoke up. "What are you doing, stupidsta? You're the first peasant... that I, a royal, ever acknowledged. Hurry up and defeat that guy, Asta!"

Suddenly, the markings on Asta's sword glowed a teal colour. "Yeah, leave it to me. I'll throw enough at him from the both of us!" he grinned. You smiled to yourself, knowing that Asta would be able to put up a fight

"Move. I'm going to make that girl, that weakling, disappear!" the diamond mage shouted in irritation. 

"Like hell I'll let that happen! I don't have any magic, but I've got..." Asta raised the glowing sword, cutting through the air. He swung it in the direction of the crystal giant. "My friends!" A force made its way towards Mars.  

"This is nothing!" the purple-haired mage shouted. He tried to block the water magic attack with his crystalized arms, but surprisingly it cut through it. The diamond mage fell back. You stood on your elbows in shock at what just happened. 'Did he just...borrow Noelle's powers?' That sword...'