6.

I know that this isn't their first mission in the anime. I needed this extra chapter to add to your background :)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"The two of you will be going to a village named Nagiso in the common realm. Apparently, crops have been going missing and things have been getting stolen. I want you to work together to find out the cause and put a stop to it. There have also been some wild boards running around so, dispose of them if you see any," Captain Vangeance explained as we continued to follow him. "Your top priority is to make sure that the citizens are safe. Do you understand?" he stopped in front of a double door with golden print designs covering it.

"Yes, sir," Yuno and I responded in unison.  "Alright then, Klaus will accompany you on your mission and show you where the village is located. I'm counting on you," the captain turned around, facing us with a small smile plastered on his face. He gave us a dismissal nod before turning back around and swinging the double-door open, exposing his spacious office chamber. As the door closed behind him, Yuno and I began to make our way back to where Klaus and Naila once were.

"I guess we're together on our first mission, huh?" I smiled cheekily at the ravenette, lightly nudging his arm with my elbow. "I guess we are," he side-eyed me as we continued to walk. Yuno almost always had the same expressionless look on his face. "Oh, come on! Be a little more excited, will you?!" I whined, jumping in front of him. He came to a halt. [E/c] and amber clashed as our eyes connected. My eyes slightly narrowed. "Are you not happy that we're in the same squad?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds. "Boke," he put a hand on my waist, pushing me aside so he could walk away. My eyes went wide at the sudden contact and force. I was dumbfounded. Before I knew it, Yuno was about to turn a corner. "Hey! you didn't answer my question, you handsome jerk!" I mentally slapped myself, running to the ravenette's side.

He sighed, not bothering to look at me. Suddenly, I feel minimum pressure on my head. I look up at Yuno, who was softly patting my head. "You really are such an idiot sometimes," he had a stoic look on his face. "Wow, thanks," I scoffed, crossing my arms as I looked away. I pursed my lips in annoyance.

"Your welco-"

"Oi! hurry up, we have to get going!" an annoyingly familiar voice interrupted Yuno, causing me to look in the direction of where the voice came from. Standing beside the door to the exit was none other than our senior, Klaus.

"Yeah yeah, we're coming," I smiled, waving at my senior.

"Tch, I never agreed to this." He huffed as he turned his head to look the other way.

Once we got to where Klaus stood. He led us outside, where he cast a spell that seemed to manipulate steel to turn into a chariot. It had a unique design to it. We got on, and the chariot began to levitate. I held onto Yuno's arm for support as it ascended higher above the ground. The chariot started moving in the direction of the village.

-Time skip- (Kinda intense on your part ^^)

After an hour or two of flying through the air, we finally made it near the village of Nagiso. The steel vanished beneath our feet. The trees rattled as the wind blew past them. "We'll be staying in the village for as long as we find and catch the convicts, don't let your guard down. Stay close," I trailed behind Klaus and Yuno as we advanced carefully through the forest. Something didn't feel right.  It was almost impossible to see through the ghostly fog that enveloped it. The temperature continuously dropped. A cold chill ran down the back of my spine as we advanced.

"Klaus-senpai...something doesn't feel right-" I managed to say something before my eyes went round. I felt a familiar presence along with an immense amount of mana coming from ahead of us. The silhouette of a tall, slender figure emerged from the fog. I froze, seeing that one of its eyes were glowing red.