8.

"Yuno-sann," you smiled, running towards your childhood friend. He tilted his head to the side as he stared at you with an expressionless face. "Good morning!" 

"Morning. You're up early today," the ravenette said in a monotone. 

"Well, I wanted to get som-" 

"Hey newbies, listen up," a familiar voice cut you off mid-sentence. You turned around, seeing Klaus walk beside Mimosa as they advanced towards you and Yuno. "A new dungeon has been discovered." 

Yuno tilted his head, raising a brow. "Dungeon? What's a dungeon?" 

"Tch...Dungeons are ancient tombs that were established a long time ago. Dungeons usually house countless treasures, which were left by the people whom built them. These treasures could range from a powerful magic tool to ancient magic," your senior explained as he pushed up his rectangular glasses. "The people then set insane magical traps in them so that they wouldn't get misused by anyone. It's dangerous, so Magic Knights always investigate them."

"So the Golden Dawns are supposed to investigate this newly discovered dungeon?" Mimosa asked, putting a hand to her chin. Klaus nodded in response. "Particularly because this dungeon popped up near our enemy's border."

"Enemy?" You chirped. 

"The Diamond kingdom. We need to take care of this mission fast so Diamond's people won't steal anything. Captain Vangeance informed me that the Wizard King himself had chosen us to go on the mission." 

"The Wizard King himself..." you, Yuno, and Mimosa's eyes went wide. Klaus nodded once again. You look up to see Yuno with a smile plastered on his face. A small chuckle escaped your lips. 

"That's right," a voice came from beside you. You looked to the side, seeing your captain approaching you. The four of you got on one knee for respect.

"You may run into other squad members, three Black Bulls, to be precise," the captain explained. Your eyes went wide. 'Asta's squad?' you thought to yourself. "I trust that you will succeed in this mission."

"Yes, sir," you all said in unison. With that, he walked away, leaving you four to decide what to do from there. "Let's get going," Klaus spoke as he began walking. The three of you nodded. "Yuno, since your wind is faster, could you make a wind vehicle for us to ride to the dungeon?" 

Yuno nodded, taking out his grimoire. He cast a spell that lifted us off our feet onto a big cloud of wind.  

-Time skip-

You made it to the dungeon. It wasn't like anything you've seen before. The inside of a dungeon is many times larger than the outside. You felt that it had a higher density of mana, which distorts the space within the dungeon. A river could flow from the walls to the ceilings. It was fascinating. You've read about dungeons, but you've never seen one in person. 

Mimosa used her Magic Flower Guidepost spell to get a layout of the dungeon. That way, it would be easier to find your way around the place. You were going through the tunnels that were all over the place until you saw Asta in trouble. He was with a silver-haired girl. Their arms and legs were wrapped in thick veins by what looked like a purple human-eating plant. Yuno took the first move and began shooting daggers made out of wind magic at the creature holding them still. The plant creature fell back, letting go of Asta and the silver-haired girl.

"What the heck?" Asta began. You let out a soft chuckle, resting the back of your head on Yuno's shoulder as Asta and the girl turned around to look at you. 

"I've repaid my debt, Asta," Yuno declared. 

"Yo Asta-san," you gave him a close eyed grin, waving at him.