7.

Just in case you forgot: I know that this is supposed to be the first mission in the anime. I needed that extra 'mission' to add to your backstory. ^^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

After our 'first mission', we were told that it wasn't an 'official' mission. It was apparently a hokes by the villagers and the 'bandits' were just the citizens. Kind of disappointing but, at least we got some practice in. Yuno and I got our pays and a break day. We both sent letters back to the church, along with half of our salary. I spent my break day hanging out with Yuno and was introduced to a new member. I learned that Naila was just my temporary mentor because she had a long and important mission. It sucked but oh well.

We were on our official first mission now. We had to act as bodyguards for Salim de Hapshass. We were to escort the son of Hapshass, who serves in the House of Lords, to our ally, the Heart Kingdom. He was afraid that he might get attacked by bandits on the way. Apparently, he feels having Magic Knights act as his bodyguards will be safer. Salim de Hapshass, the guy that lost to Yunno in the final part of the exam. He ended up being unable to join the Magic Knights. So why was Yuno appointed as one of his bodyguards?

The new member was joining us for the mission. Mimosa Vermillion, a 15-year-old royal with a voluptuous build. She has yellow eyes and long wavy vermilion hair with bangs on her forehead. Additionally, she also wears a pair of earrings on her ears. She was very polite when I first met her. Honestly surprising for a royal. She couldn't join us on our first mission because something had come up.

"My first mission... I'm so nervous. I mean, it's because I was unavailable for the unofficial mission," Mimosa laughed nervously. "Klaus, Yuno, [Y/n], it's a pleasure to work with you."

I sat cross-legged on my broom as the wind blew past my face. "Yeah," I smiled down at Mimosa, hovering behind Klaus's chariot. I kept a lookout for any bandits coming our way and I was in the back so I towered over them to have a better view.

"Don't let your guard down, Mimosa," Our senior began. "That goes for the two of you as well," he turned his attention to Yuno and me. I glanced down at him before nodding my head. "I know," the ravenette responded.

I sighed, placing my chin in my hands. We were pretty high off the ground now that I look at it. Red, yellow, and orange breathtakingly enveloped the skies.

"How have you been, Yuno-kun?" Salim asked, making me look down as Yuno levitated closer to the chariot. Yuno glared at the noble with a stoic look on his face."Don't look so scary. I requested you as my bodyguard because I want to apologize. I hear you intend to become the Wizard King."

"How did you know?" Yuno wondered with furrowed brows. I raised a brow as the noble spoke. "You were chosen by all of the captains. You could've joined any squad, and you ended up choosing the Golden Dawn so I had a feeling," Salim turned his head towards me. "You probably just want to get stronger. The more you achieve from now on, the more your name will spread throughout the kingdom. [Y/n] and Yuno, the ones who bear the four-leaf clover grimoires."

He continued on about how we should make our dreams come true. Then, he mentioned something about how he would brag to his kids that he once fought the wizard king. He asked to tell us about ourselves. His words went in one ear and out the other.

"We're both from Hage Village," Yuno said bluntly.

"I've heard of it. I think that's where the legend of the first Wizard King who defeated the demons comes from," Salim smirked. What is he trying to do? I glared down at the blondie.

"It's not just a legend. A giant demon skull is actually still there. Apparently, I was found abandoned in front of a church when I was a baby. The same goes for [Y/n]. I've never seen my parents. And I have no idea who they are," the ravenette explained.