Anthony Edwards

title: started as a fan

This is a request for harleyyyywilliams

Harley
Come on Harley hurry your ass up!" My best friend, Jayda yells. "Chill out I'm coming" I say with a laugh as I walk downstairs. I have on a jersey with a large number 1 on it. "OMG BITCH is that THE jersey?" she asks when she sees me. "Duh!" I say as I turn around, so she can see the large name on the back. Edwards is written over a large number 1. "Girl what if he sees you?" She asks me as we get into the car. "Jayda why the hell would he see me" I laugh as I start the engine and pull out of my driveway. "Girl I don't know maybe like god magic or some shit?" She says but it comes out as more of a question. I just laugh and turn up the music.

I instantly recognize the song as 24 by IDK. (its good y'all should listen to it) As if on cue, Jayda starts screaming the lyrics. "YOU AIN'T GETTIN' SHIT, BITCH. TOO BAD" she screams horribly. We both join in with the simple "Run it back, run it back, run it back." I chime in with "Who's that knockin' at my window? (window) They say that it's the money i'm like 10-4 (10-4)." After listening to loads of other songs, we arrive at the huge arena with a Timberwolf on the outside. I see a billboard with a team photo that says "Home of the Minnesota Timberwolves" and I smile.

"We're here now come on!" She says like a little kid at an amusement park. She grabs my wrist and makes a beeline for the large glass doors. Playing tonight: Minnesota Timberwolves VS. Memphis Grizzlies. I see the large words on a light powered sign rounding the building. We stop at the entrance and hand the older woman out tickets. We step into the large room that smells of fresh floor wax and show rubber. I hear the squeak of basketball shoes and see that We're some of the first people here and the team is coming out to run last minute drills before the game against the Grizzlies

My eyes wander, and I meet a pair of brown ones. I notice that those eyes belong to Mr. Anthony Edwards himself and it takes everything in me to stay cool. I smile with hopes he'll see it and when I see him smile back, my knees feel weak and my heart pounds out of my chest. "Is be looking at YOU?" Jayda asks me. "I - I guess so" I say, letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

~halftime~

So far it's been a great game. It's 174-122, and the Timberwolves are winning. Anthony has scored countless amounts of points in just this game alone, it's almost as if he's showing off. There's still 2 periods left to go but there isn't a shadow of a doubt that they'll lose tonight. The half is filled with random things. Kiss cams and many other things while both teams are talking with the coaches.

The Timberwolves come back, all looking more hype than they did before the game started. I'm sure by now, they al know they have this game bagged, and are all quite confident that they'll win. "They seem cocky to you?" I ask Jayda and chuckle. "Girl of course but wouldn't you be, too?" She responds, laughing as well. The 3rd is nearing an end, and Minnesota is still up, but now by 60 points.

I see quite the sight. I see a Timberwolves player stick his foot directly in front of Grayson Allen, and very ironically, tripping him. Usually, I'd laugh because Karma is a bitch, but I see the pain cross Grayson's face when his ankle twists in a way it shouldn't.

(THIS IS JUST A DETAIL. Personally, I do NOT believe that tripping other players is okay in ANY way, shape, or form. It is dirty playing. I also understand, that Grayson is not proud of the times where these incidents happened. This isn't meant to be taken seriously at all. I simply used it as a detail to add a little more flavor to this chapter. Thank you, I love you all)

The Grizzlies fans rise from their seats booing the Timberwolves player as he acts like nothing happened. Grayson lies on the floor in what seems like agonizing pain and all I can do is sit and watch. Once the game is returned, The Grizzlies get 2 free throws, both of them were made, earning them 2 desperately needed points. Although those points weren't near enough to make up for what will likely be a VERY intense loss.

I can swear that Anthony's eyes meet mine multiple times throughout the game, but I tell myself it's nothing but a pair of wandering eyes. The time seems to fly as I hear a loud buzzer, signaling the end of the 3rd. The team runs to the side as they all take a breather, before preparing for the 4th, and final period of this evening's game.

The 4th goes by in a blink. The timberwolves win by nearly 70 points and they all seem to be in great moods, with huge smiles on their faces. They all exit the court, except for one player. I see that player walk in my direction. Before I can comprehend who it is, Jayda smacks my arm. "GIRL! That's HIM" She puts emphasis on the word him. I feel heat travel to my face as her mini spazz attack is somewhat embarrassing.

"Hey." I hear a deep voice from above me. "Hi" I say as I look up at him. "I saw you during the game, and for some reason, I felt drawn to you. Like ion know why but it was something about you. I had to come and at least say hi." He laughs and I giggle. "Well, hi Anthony" I say. "what's your name?" He asks. "Harley" I say simply. "That's pretty. So.. Harley.. You maybe wanna get some dinner tomorrow..?" He asks, his voice full of nerves. "I'd love to, Anthony" I say with a smile. "Great. Uhm can I put my number in your phone?" He asks. "Sure" I laugh as I pull my phone from my pocket and unlock it. I pull up my contacts and go to make a new one. He types in his number and name and hands me my phone back. "Bye" He yells, walking off. "Bye" I say with a smile.

~3:30 the Next Day~

Anthony and I decided to have dinner around 6, So I'm about to get ready. I hop in the shower. I wash my hair and body and I shave and do everything I need to. I get out and pick my outfit. He didn't say where we're going, but to dress in normal clothes. I pick a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and an oversized blue sweatshirt that says Duke in large white letters on the front. I blow dry my hair and straighten it; I put on light makeup. A bit of concealer where it was needed and some mascara. I also applied some chapstick because nobody likes crusty lips.

I put my clothes on and it was 5:45. He said he'd pick me
up so I walked downstairs and waited in the living room. I absentmindedly scrolled through instagram and snapchat stories while I waited. Then, the doorbell rang. I open it and see Anthony, with a single sunflower. He has the cutest smile on his face as he holds the flower out. "Anthony it's gorgeous! Let me put this in a vase really fast and I'll be ready. I run into the kitchen and place the flower into a small vase with water. I set it on the counter and walk out the door, with Anthony by my side.

"You look beautiful" He says as he opens the car door for me. "Aww thank you" I blush. "You look nice too" I smile as he gets into the driver side. The drive is quiet, but comfortable. We arrive at a gorgeous park. He comes
to my side and opens my door for me. I step out and he walks to the trunk, to grab a basket. I look around in awe at the area. He grabs my hand and leads me to an area in the middle. He lays a blanket on the ground and we sit. He starts grabbing all kinds of foods. Fruit, sandwiches, water, soda, gatorade, anything you could imagine. "I didn't know what you liked, so I brought everything." He says shyly. "This all looks amazing!" I say as I place my small hand onto his large one.

We spend hours there, just looking at the stars. We lay there in silence most of the time. "So, Harley.." He trails off. "Yeah, Anthony?" I ask. "We should do this again. I had a lot of fun" He says turning to look at me. I do the same and smile. "Yeah, I think so too.

wc: 1539

I hope you liked it Harley!