Michael Savarino

title: can we go see the stars?

y/n
Undoubtedly, college has been the best time of my life. He only made it better. He being the six foot sophomore who played basketball for our beloved team. Michael Savarino. Number 30. Despite his talent when it came to the game, he served as a benchwarmer for his grandfather's team, one
made up of only the most talented boys in the nation.

Michael and I have been together for almost a year. June 23rd being the date signifying our 1 year anniversary.

"y/n, I'm home" I hear his voice bounce off the walls of the small apartment that we share. I smile to myself as I walk out of the office. "Hey" I say to a sweaty Michael, as he stands in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water. "Hi" He smiles, placing his now empty glass in the sink. He starts the walk upstairs, placing a kiss on my forehead as be passes by. "I'm gonna shower before I hug you" He laughs. "okay, babe" I laugh with him. He walks up the stairs and walks into our shared bedroom. I stay downstairs and begin making dinner.

After about 20 minutes, I feel arms wrap around my waist. I jump at first, but immediately after, I melt into his embrace. "Hi" He says. "Hey" I smile, turning my
head in attempt to see him. When I do, he places a kiss on my cheek, and I feel the heat rush to my face. I turn my body around, still in his arms, and wrap my own arms around his larger figure.

"I missed you today" He says, his chin resting atop my head, due to the height difference. "I missed you too" I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. "We should do something after dinner. Go on a walk or something. Ya know?" He suggests. "We should!" I say excitedly. It's rare that Michael and I go do things like this, due to us both being full time college athletes. When he's busy, I'm not, and vice versa. "What should we do then, my love?" He asks. "Can we go see the stars?" I ask him. "Of course we can, baby." He smiles, although I can't see it.

We eat dinner, making small conversation. Once we finish, we sit on the couch, waiting on it to get dark outside. We decide to watch a movie or two, and stay up late. We both have tomorrow completely free, and promised the other to devote the day to each other. After watching The Little Mermaid, and Finding Nemo, it was nearly 11:00 pm. We were both wide awake, so we grabbed his keys and began the short drive to a rural area.

We finally arrived at the secluded cliff. He backed his truck in, and we dropped the tailgate. we both hopped into the bed of the truck and laid down. He pulls me closer to him, wrapping his left arm firmly around my small waist. "Look" He says, pointing to the brightest star. "It's so bright. lighting up the whole sky" I say simply, in awe of all the stars. "You're my brightest star." He states simply.

"What do you mean?" I ask him. I look up to see him already looking down at me. "Like. In all my dark places, you're there. You make all of the bad parts of my life better. You're my light in the dark." He says.

third person
y/n feared that her boyfriend could see her crimson cheeks in the dark evening. "Michael, I love you" she whispers. "Y/n, I love you too." He says. They stay there, just holding one another, savoring the evening while they can.

Michael
At about 1 am, we start to get tired. "Why don't we go home. It's late anyways" I suggest to y/n. "That sounds wonderful" she says with a giggle. I climb out of the truck first, so that I can help her down. I hold my hand out as she places her smaller one into mine. She delicately hops from the tailgate. I reach over, and close it, her hand still in mine.

We get in the truck, and we start the ride home. We sit in silence, other than the hum of the engine. I reach my hand over, placing it on hers. She flips her small hand over, and intertwines her fingers with mine.

y/n
The silence in the truck wasn't awkward, but peaceful as we drove down the long stretch of road. Despite my efforts to stay awake, as the clock read 2:30 am, my eyes got heavier and heavier. I fell asleep for the last 15 minutes of the drive.

third person
Michael shook y/n's shoulder, whispering "y/n, wake up. we're home." When she doesn't wake up, he just decides to carry her inside. He places one arm under her knees, and the other behind her back, carefully lifting the small girl from her place in the passenger seat.

He carries her in the door, gently kicking it shut. He then walks up the stairs, gently placing her into the bed. After laying her down, he pulls the blankets over her and changes into pajama pants (ya know the red and black plaid ones bv guys who wear those are 🥵) , then removing his shirt. Once he's changed, he climbs into the bed next to her.

Immediately, she moves closer to him. He wraps his arms tightly around y/n as she lies her head on his chest. Michael falls asleep, almost immediately, smiling at the thought of spending all day with the girl he loves.

~next morning~

michael
I woke up around 10:30, of course waking up before y/n. I decide to go to our favorite breakfast place and pick up the omelette that she likes. I get pancakes for myself, and I also stop at starbucks on the way home. (he didn't cook bc sav would probably burn the pancakes 😳)

I get back home at around 11:15, and y/n was still asleep. I set everything out on the table, and then walk upstairs to wake her up. "Y/n, baby. Wake up. I got breakfast and coffee." I say quietly. She just groans quietly and opens her arms. I lay on top of her on the bed, and she lets out a breathy giggle. "Now come on, your omelette is gonna get cold" I say, offering my hand to pull her up.

y/n
Michael and I walk downstairs, and I see my favorite omelette and coffee sitting on the table. I look at Michael, who is already looking at me and I smile. "Thank you, sav." I say, still smiling. "Of course, my love." He says. We eat, making small conversation about our plans for the day.

We decide that we'll start our day by shopping, then we'll have lunch. After we eat, we'll come home and watch a show, or movie for a few hours.

michael
The drive to the mall was short and simple. y/n had aux, like always. She never disappoints. We jammed to Justin Bieber for most of the ride, with the occasional One Direction song. We get there and I find a parking spot. I park the truck, and we go in, after she decided we should look in Foot locker first. (he has so many shoes but whatever) I get a new pair of Jordans, and she hets 2 pairs of Jordans, and a pair of Nikes.

~leaving the mall~

third person
The pair walked to Michaels truck, bags in hand. y/n was excited to be home, not only to put everything away, but to just lounge around with the boy she loves. "Thank you, baby." She says, placing her hand into his, as he holds it out for her. "For what?" he asks, confused. "Just for spending the day with me. I mean, we only get so much time off. You could have spent the say with K, or done anything else. But you didn't." She states.

"Baby, you know that I'll spend time with you every chance I get." He says, squeezing her hand in the process. "So, what are we doing when we get home?" He asks her. Looking at her shortly, but still keeping his focus on the road in front of him.

"Can we just go home and cuddle? And watch movies?" She asked him. "Of course we can" He smiles.

Michael loved this girl more than anything. She was the reason he got up every day and worked hard. He wanted to make her proud. And he did. She was so beyond proud of him. And she loved him.

wc:1469