Lauri Markkanen

title: I don't want him

I wanna start by saying, I know Lauri is married. I am well aware he is in a VERY happy marriage and that he has 2 absolutely precious children. THIS IS 100% FICTION. thank you :)

Lauri
Today, I found myself scrolling through my social media. Something I rarely found myself doing, due to a lack of spare time. While on Instagram, I saw a picture my girlfriend, y/n posted. I began to look at the comments, some nice, some not. But then, I come across a comment Kyle Kuzma left. It said "Damn babe 🤩🥴." I have never been one to get jealous, but he knows we're together. I decide to call her.

My girl ❤️🖤
Dialing...
L- Lauri
Y- Y/n

Y-Hello?

L- Hey, are you home?

Y- Yeah, is everything okay..?

L-Yeah, I just wanna
talk to you about something.

Y- Oh, okay. Well the door
is open when you get here

L- okay, I love you.

Y- I love you too. Bye babe

L- Bye

End Call
Yes No

y/n
I get up and unlock the door, after, I walk into the kitchen and make a glass of water. I hear the door open and close. "Y/n?" I hear Lauri call. "Coming" I say, rounding the corner, 2 glasses of water in hand. I set them both on the table. "So what's up, baby?" I ask him. "Did you see what Kuzma commented on your picture?" He asks. "Uhm, No. I don't think so. Why? Did he say something out of line..?" I ask him.

"I thought it was." He says quietly. "Well can you pull it up?" I ask him, curious as to what the Lakers player said. Lauri pulls it up on his phone, and I swear, I can see the anger rise in his body. I look the screen over what feels like a million times before I finally say something. "So? Lauri You're the only one I want. Not some stupid Lakers player who couldn't even be man enough to say it to my face if I was single. Lauri I promise you, I don't want him" I assure him.

"I know. I just- I just know that at any moment, You could lose all interest in me. Lose all feelings and all attraction. I mean he's good looking. He has cool tattoos and a nice smile. He's a good basketball player. He could steal you away from me.." He says. Never once had the 7-footer gotten this emotional, not even with me. He's usually just a ball of happiness. Never letting anything break his perfectly imperfect smile.

Then, I see tears fall from his eyes. It's in that moment, my heart breaks. This man is not only my best friend, but the love of my life. Seeing the strongest person I know cry, is heartbreaking. I pull him into a hug and he lets tears land on my shoulder, dampening my shirt.

"Lauri, I only want you. I'm not going anywhere. No one could ever love me the way that you do. And I could never love anyone, the way that I love you. You are my whole world, Lauri." I say as I pull his head up, looking into his red and puffy eyes.

"I love you, so much" He says, pulling me onto his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck, and be stands up with ease. He holds my small body close to his own and I smile when I get a whiff of his cologne, which he sprayed on his shirt.

We go upstairs and we just lay in my bed, enjoying the company of one another. I decide to turn on Friends, but Lauri falls asleep, shortly after. I heard his light, quiet snores and when I looked down, I saw him holding my fingers loosely, with a small smile on his face. His nose was slightly scrunched and his legs hung off of my bed a few inches, due to him being so tall. It was a sight that could make any grown woman cry. He was perfect.

Third Person
Y/n and Lauri, were strong, and unbreakable, despite the challenges and cure balls that were very often thrown in their direction. Girls falling at Lauri's feet, just the same way Guys did for y/n. They were both attractive, and there was no denying it. Both people, who were confident, had their moments of doubt.

They were a strong couple and no one, especially not Kyle Kuzma, could get between them. Y/n was in love with Lauri, just the same he was in love with her. He felt that his heart beat for her. He felt like a lost puppy without her. He did not know what to do, or how to act.

Y/n was the same way. Lauri was her everything. The man was her world, and she wanted to be with him forever. Knowing that he has those worries is heart shattering to her. Lauri is the only guy she'll ever want, and she wished that he could see himself from her eyes.

This one was shorter than they usually are, but I absolutely love this idea, and I didn't really know what else to add. Oh whale! I love and appreciate all of you so much! ❤️