Tyler Herro

title: breaking the distance

Tyler
"I miss you so much, Ty.." I hear her sad voice through the phone. "I miss you too princess.. More than anything " I say as her flawless features are overtaken by sadness. "I hate college" she says as tears well up in her eyes. "I just wanna be there with you" she adds trying not to cry.

"Baby, I want you to be here too.." I say back. "I just wish I could transfer" She says as she looks into the camera, as if she was looking at me. "Me too y/n." I say back. "Hopefully you can visit soon though" I add. "Yeah. Hopefully" She says with a half smile.

y/n
As I see Tyler on my screen I try to hide my smile. I miss him more than anything. For about 2 months, I've been putting in applications and transfer forms to colleges in Miami that offer my major. Most of them do, so I'm waiting on letters. If I can get into a college there, then I can move there.

Since Tyler got drafted, I've only seen him once, and he came back to Kentucky while I was on summer break. Since he went back to Miami, we've facetimed every day, but it's not the same. I just wish I could hug him I think.

"Well, babygirl, I have practice at 10:00 and interviews all day tomorrow.. I think i'm gonna get some sleep" he says. "Alright baby.." I trail off. "I love you y/n. So so much. Sleep well, and call me when you wake up." He says. "Goodnight Ty. I love you more. Sleep well babe" I say. After a few seconds of us looking at each other I hear him sigh.

"I don't wanna hang up." He says. "Then don't. We can act like middle schoolers for one night and just go to sleep on the phone" I giggle. "Okay. Let's do that" He laughs. I love his laugh. The way you can see his perfect smile. God, his smile. If I had to work my ass off every day for the rest of my life to see that smile, I would.

I love Tyler and everything about him. His goofy smile and His messy hair. The way his eyes light up like a kid in a candy store when he sees a new pair of basketball shoes he wants. The way he respects his parents and loves his brothers. Most importantly, I love the way Tyler values our relationship. He never goes a day without telling me he loves me or calling to check up on me.

Tyler is honestly the best boyfriend I could ask for, regardless of what he says. He is always thinking he isn't good enough, which is completely the opposite of the truth. He is amazing. He always goes above and beyond to make sure I'm happy.

After I spent a few minutes thinking, I heard light snores from the other end of the phone. I see Tyler's peaceful face with a faint smile. I smile to myself as I open my email, checking to see if I have any emails from Colleges.

To my surprise, I see 3 emails. Two from the University of Miami, and one from Keiser University, I check the ones from Keiser first. "We are sorry to inform you..." I stopped reading. Now, U of Miami. "Ms. Y/n L/n we are glad to inform you that your transfer has been successful and accepted." I burst into tears. Loud sobs of happiness escape my mouth.

I see Tyler move and decide I should quiet down. I let tears fall silently as I read the rest of the email. holy shit. I think out loud as I look at my wall. "Babe, is everything okay?" I hear Tyler's sleep filled voice. "Yeah, Ty. Everything is great, actually. I say with a smile. "Go back to sleep baby." I say in a soft voice. He nods his head and nestles into his pillow.

Once I know he is asleep, I mute myself, and go talk to my mom. "Momma!" I yell. "Kitchen," she replies.  I walk into the kitchen, phone in my hand, and My laptop closed under my arm. "Look" I say. I open my laptop and pull up the email.

She begins to cry, and I do again. We sit there and talk about how I'll finally be able to be with him. We make plans and after about an hour, I decide to go to sleep. I set my phone up so it is charging, but if Tyler wakes up, he can see that i'm there. I end up falling asleep after about 10 minutes.

~time skip to morning~

Tyler
I woke up around 9 a.m. to see y/n still sleeping. I mute myself so I don't wake her up and I get in the shower. Once I get out, I go to my Texts. I send her a long message saying how much I love her, and I hope she has an amazing day. I let her know I had to hang up because I have practice.

I hang up the call, and I feel bad, but I stayed as long as I could. The whole drive to practice, all I can think about is how lucky I am. Hopefully, she can come back and see me some time soon. I walk into AA Arena and look around. Although I'm here all the time, I still have a feeling of awe every time I walk into the large building.

After about 20 minutes, Jimmy and Bam walk in. We grab a rack of Balls and begin to play a game of knockout. Eventually, the round finished, but we still had 20 minutes before practice. I get my phone out of my bag and see a text from y/n. "Good morning baby. You mean so much to me and I love you so much. I can't wait to see you again! Hopefully, it'll be really soon. I can't wait to talk to you later. Do good at practice for me and text me later my love! ❤️" I feel a smile come over my face as I read her text.

*time skip to after practice*

y/n
"Hey babe! I just left practice" I hear Tyler's deep voice through the phone. "Hi baby. How was it?" I ask. "It was good! You okay?" He asks. He must hear the nerves in my voice. I am going to tell him about Miami. "Yeah, I'm great. I have something to tell you. Can we facetime?" I ask him.

"Yeah gimme just a sec" He says. "Is everything okay babe?" He asks as the facetime connects. "Yeah everything is great, actually." I begin. "Tyler I've been applying to universities in Miami. I got in to University of Miami. I didn't tell you so it would be a surprise. I'm planning on moving there. My transfer went through this morning." I say.

I see a smile cover his face. "Wait you're actually coming here? Like. I'll be able to see you whenever I want?" He asks, his smile not breaking. "Yeah. I was actually thinking we live together" I say, my nerves spiking back up. "Babe that is an amazing idea! I'd love for you to live here. I have plenty of space and everything" I says excitedly.

"I have a flight there in 3 days" I say happily. "I can't wait. I'll pick you up from the airport!" He smiles.

~the flight~

"Alright babe, well I'm about to board. I'll see you in like 5 hours! I say happily. "I'll see you then princess. I love you so much!" He says. "I love you too baby" I say as I hang up the call.

I board the plane and I spend 5 hours thinking about Tyler, and the future we're going to have. Eventually, The plane lands. I get off and go to baggage claim. After like 10 minutes, I see my bags. I grab my 2 suitcases and text Tyler.

"y/n" I hear. I look up and see Tyler, with the biggest smile. I drop my bags and run to him. I jump into his arms, embracing him in the biggest hug I could. "Oh my god Tyler" I say and begin to cry. "Babygirl I'm here and i'm not going anywhere" He says into my hair.

WC:1434

this is my longest imagine, and honestly, my favorite. This was actually a dream I had and I got the idea from that :)

I hope y'all enjoy! ❤️