Grayson Allen

Title: what the future may hold

Grayson
Tonight is the night of the draft.  I decided to wear a black tux with a white shirt and a blue tie. As I finished tying my tie, my phone rang.

'my girl ❤️' flashes onto my screen. I smile and pick up my phone. "Hello?" I say. "Hey baby! You ready for tonight?" I can hear the happiness in her voice. "I am! Kinda scared but I'm hopeful" I say.

"Baby you're gonna get drafted by a great team I know it! And you'll be the best on the team. And DEFINITELY the best looking" She says with a little laugh at the end. "I sure hope so! If not, you might leave me" I joke. "Grayson James Allen don't even PLAY like that" she says to me. "Baby I know. You're not going anywhere" I laugh.

"Not unless I die" she says. "Anywho, I'm here sooo come outside because I don't want you to see me yet!" She says. "Alright alright i'm coming babe." I say I grab my phone and a sharpie marker. I put both in my pocket and turn all the lights off. I begin the walk outside when I get a text from Luke. "Good Luck!" It reads. "Thanks man!" I reply and hit send.

I walk outside and see my gorgeous girlfriend in the driver seat of her car. She sees me and smiles, I send a sweet smile back. I open the passenger door and get in. "Look away mister I don't want you to see my dress yet" She says and giggles. "I just can't look at you at all?" I ask. "Nope! You gotta wait" She says, her voice full of sass.

Eventually, we arrive at the venue. I get out of the car and go to her door and open it for her. I see her blue heels step out and then, I see fabric nearly on the ground. I look up and see she has on a gorgeous dark blue dress. It has a lace sweetheart neckline that goes around her upper arm, leaving her shoulders out and lace long sleeves.

Then, I look up and see she has on gorgeous makeup. She paired a smokey eye with winged liner and false lashes. She also had a nude lipstick on to go with her look. "G, Baby. Earth to Grayson" I hear. I snap out of my daze and take her small hand into my own. We walk into the venue and take our seats.

We sit and talk about the draft until 2 other people sit at our table. (imagine they sit at tables not in rows lmfaoo) One is a guy, who introduced himself as Ja Morant and what i'm assuming was his girlfriend. He was nice and hopefully, we can be cool. Y/n and his girl got along really well too. Eventually, I hear my name get called. "The Memphis Grizzlies select, Grayson Allen" Everything stops.  (ALSO, i know he got traded but act like they drafted him thanks ❤️)

I see a huge smile cross y/n's face. I stand up and I begin to smile. I stand up and pull her into a hug. I see tears begin to form in her eyes. "Grayson, I am so beyond proud of you" She says as she kisses me quickly. I walk up to the stage and shake the commissioner's hand. We share a few words and I walk backstage to talk to the crew.

Once I finish talking, I head back to my seat. Y/n grabs my hand, causing me to look over at her. "I'm glad I wore waterproof mascara" she says with a giggle. "I'm so proud of you G. I always knew you'd go far baby!" She adds. "I couldn't have done this without you. Thank you babe." I say as I lean over and plant a kiss on her lips.

Eventually, the draft ends. Again, I have some questions to answer. After I finish interviews, we are able to go home. We get in the car, and the ride is a comfortable silence. The slight hum of the car, and the quiet radio playing in the background. I drove with my left hand,my right being on her thigh. She had her hand rested on top of mine, and at times, I felt her playing with my fingers.

"You okay over there?" I ask her. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinkin'" She responds softly. "About?" "Our future. We're gonna move to Memphis. I'm excited, but G what if we start a family? We can't move all the time because different teams trade you every year, you know?" She says honestly. "I know baby. This type of work isn't easy. We both gotta be willing to sacrifice stuff."

"So our children's' happiness means less than your job?" She asks. "No babe! I never said that. What I'm trying to say is- What I'm saying is once we start a family, we won't move very often. Once that happens, I'll sign with a team for sure, and that's where we'll be." I say calmly.

"oh.. I'm sorry I kinda jumped.. I just- Grayson I think about our future a lot. I want us to have a perfect family, and I just feel like its so hard." She says. "Baby we're going to have a perfect family. No matter what." "I know.. I just worry." She says. At that moment, I pull into our apartment complex. I go around to open her door.

Once I reach her door, I stick my hand in my pocket. I feel the small velvet box which contains the ring I am going to propose with. I pull her door open and extend my hand, taking hers into my own. She steps out and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her, as I think over the speech I have been planning since college.

I always knew she was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. She is my rock and I don't have any clue where I would be without her. Y/n is just so amazing in so many different ways! Her h/c hair or e/c eyes. Her perfect body. She is perfect and on top of everything else, she loves me. She has helped me through everything since high school.

We pull away from the hug and I begin to speak. "Y/n L/n, I wanna say I love you, more than anything. In the last 7 years, you have changed me for the better. I used to be this hotheaded rude ass kid. Then I met you. You taught me that I needed to change and I did. You have made me the happiest guy in the world and I thank God every day that he gave me you. You are truly a blessing and Y/n I wanna ask you, will you make me the happiest man in the world and become Mrs. Allen?" I ask, hope in my voice.

"Oh my god, Grayson-" she begins. Tears begin to flow down her cheeks. "Yes! Yes Grayson! Yes!" She says pulling me into a kiss. I then slide the ring onto her finger. "My god, Grayson this is gorgeous! It must have cost a FORTUNE!" She says. "I gotta give my baby the best. I love you so so much princess" I say as I kiss her forehead.

I grab her small hand and pull her inside. We both change and get into the bed. She snuggles into my chest and I turn on Netflix. After about 20 minutes of looking for something to watch, we decide on Dawson's Creek. We then fell asleep after about 3 episodes.

WC: 1295