Part 34

A very happy and prosperous New Year to all my readers!

This year has given me so many lovely new friends.. I promise to make this story worth your time.  Do forgive me for vanishing!

"Are you serious?", Anjali mock smiled.

"Yes Di.", her brother returned her smile in full measure.

"Maa, tell Chotte to not mess with us. He can't walk away with this.", Anjali shot a glare at her mother.

"You are a married woman now. Please fight your own fights. If anyone else speaks for you, I will give them the money.", ASR smirked fully enjoying riling up his sister.

All the rasams were done – no prize for guessing who had won the ring finding ceremony. Khushi who had been down since her bidaai had suddenly looked like she was prepared to wage a war! Her excitement had made him drop the ring he had found in mere ten seconds of the minute-long game back into the milk. The smile and the smirk on her face had been worth it.

And now his sister had ganged up with Payal to extract an obscene amount of money from him. His usually compliant sister-in-law seemed to be brainwashed by a greedy woman.

"Fine. Keep your bride waiting. She did mention that she was exhausted and would love to sleep... but we are in no hurry.", Anjali blew air on her fingers.

Being a good businessman, Arnav knew when he had been thwarted. He sighed in defeat and forwarded two blank cheques. Then, bidding his grinning family a hasty goodbye, he entered his room and locked the door lest they change their mind and come back to tease him to death.

******

His, no their, room was decorated in roses and rajnigandha flowers. Thea aromatic candles were bathing the room in a beautiful golden light. Khushi was seated in the middle of his bed and she looked like something straight from his dreams! But her body language was not from his dreams.

The nervous clasping and unclasping of her fingers, her shaky breath and her panicked eye movements gave her away. He knew exactly what was the cause of her unease.

"Khushi.", he drawled walking up to her.

"Haan.", she released a shaky breath.