Part 3

"Well I'm Arnav Singh Raizada.", his arrogance stood out.

"So?", she seemed indifferent.

"So I protect what's mine.", his possessiveness spoke.

"Okay so do I need to give you a freaking invitation for the entire story. Spit it out dammit!", the gossip girl in her snapped.

"Peace", he said raising his hands in mock surrender. "Your family and mine both wanted to buy Sheesh Mahal but for entirely different reasons. Raizada Industries and Gupta Inc. both as you know are leaders in real estate business. The only difference being RI buy places and remodels them but GI buys places and constructs buildings after demolishing them. My sister Anjali is a fashion designer. She is launching her bridal collection in a month and felt this was the perfect place for it. Your brother wanted to buy Sheesh Mahal and build a mall here. The bid got ugly and I had to step in to sort things out. So, don't be shocked if your brother is not overtly fond of me."

Sheesh Mahal was a sight to behold as it lit up !

"He can be a pain I know. But what do you mean step in? Why weren't you there in the first place?"

"Are you kidding me? You don't know who I am?", he asked visibly shocked.

"I know you have a cars-something-business... But I thought that was a part of RI.", she trailed off sheepishly.

"Were you offered enough money to kill me?"

"WHAT?"

"I'm assuming you were offered money to kill me, hence the interest in my life. Fair enough.", he shrugged.

"NO. I'm just a curious person. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.", she said halfheartedly.

There was silence for a while after which he replied.

"I don't have a car-something-business. I am a mechanical engineer by profession. I own a franchise of car manufacturing outlets. In simpler terms, like Tata motors?", he elaborated seeing her bewildered look.

"Oh accha !"

"Yes. My dadi had 2 sons who get 50% shares in RI. I and Di get 25% each. Since neither of us are interested in the business, she signed over her shares to me. So, I became the major shareholder. Your brother is an ill-mannered pest. He was becoming a nuisance troubling the family. Thus, my intervention.", he completed finishing his food.

"I would have fought with you for insulting my brother.But I know he's a pest. It's all due to Badi Maa", Khushi sighed.

"So Khushi what do you do?", he decided to return her favor.

"Well I'm a software engineer. Like you I too did not have any interest in my family business. But I was allowed to pursue a career of my choosing only on the condition that I would have to work for GI. You see Papa didn't want me to disconnect from my family lineage. So, you'll find me now working as HR Head because psychology was my second interest while I try to establish my own company. Actually, you know I ....", her phone rang causing her to stop. Unlike him she didn't need anyone to prompt her.

"Haan Mummy. Haan I will come. Yes, right now. I'll meet you in the parking.", she hung up. "I'm afraid I must leave now. It was nice meeting you Arnav. I hope you guys have a spectacular show.", she extended her hand for a shake.

"Like wise Khushi. Thank you for your wishes.", he graciously accepted her handshake.

******

With those words she had left Arnav exactly fifteen minutes ago. She had hurriedly reached her mother grabbing two ice-creams on her way out. She had her priorities. The Guptas had promptly grouped and left for their home. They had a flight to catch tomorrow.

But her mind kept going back to a certain Raizada. She knew she was a very talkative person. She would keep blabbering till the listener literally asked her to stop. But she had always – ALWAYS – stayed away men. It was not her usual behavior to first intrude on someone's privacy and then go onto demand answers! But there was something about Arnav that had just connected with her. There was no other way to put it. It was like she had known him since forever. No, it was not love. Love at first sight was a myth. For her to fall in love with someone it would take some more time than that. But that was not what was bothering her.

When she had accused him of hitting on women, there had been a visible hurt in his eyes. It was momentary before he had masked it. She had assumed it was his trick. But later he had reasoned her out to be wrong. So then what was the hurt about? Her instincts told her there was some loophole here and her instincts were never wrong! She knew just the person to get the information from.

Turning to her cousin brother, she casually remarked, "I'm sorry bhai you had to lose that project to the Raizadas."

As expected, his mother jumped in to defend her son before he could even process what she had said, "There is no need to be sorry beta. It won't affect us that much."

"But Badi Maa it was a prestigious project. RI will be tough to beat now!", she feigned distress.

"Not a big deal Khushi. We'll get even soon.", his mother's silence allowed him to speak.

"Anyways these Raizadas are not worth competing with. Not after what happened with that Arnav.", Naina Gupta spoke spitefully.

"He's going to beat bhai now.", Khushi quietly added fuel to the fire and sat back to know Arnav Singh Raizada's history now. Naina Gupta was a toxic woman on normal days. Here he had defeated her son. Now she was plain hateful.

"Huh. So, what if he does? It's in his blood to cheat. But you have to give it to them. They hid it so well. I mean you would think allways perfectly fine in their world but for..."

And the bomb dropped now, counted Khushi.

3,

2,

1.

"Who knew Arnav's father was having an extramarital affair! And that too for 15 years! That Mrs. Mohta told me but only on the condition that I wouldn't tell anyone. What did she think I was going to do, scream from the top of my roof?", Naina finished with a smug smile. How dare that filthy Raizada defeat her son!

Khushi sat shell-shocked. What had she done !

Please Like & Comment !