Part 9

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END ! I'LL BE ABLE TO UPLOAD FASTER IF YOU DO.

"Excuse me?", a visibly annoyed Anandita asked.

"Excused. Now leave.", a cool and composed Khushi spoke.

"Who the hell are you? And how dare you ask me to leave?"

"I'm Khushi. And how did I dare? Like this – LEAVE.", Khushi's composure shocked even Arnav.

Arnav meanwhile was so confused at the sudden turn of events that he had lost all control over his tongue. His contribution to the scene unfolding before him was zero.

"Khushi who do you think you are?",  Anandita asked gritting her teeth.

"I'm his girlfriend. And please don't grit your teeth. You're difficult to look at as it is. Without teeth I wouldn't dare...", Khushi shivered in fake horror.

Arnav turned his head so quickly, he feared it would cause a whiplash. What the hell was this girl saying?!

Khushi meanwhile knew she had opened her mouth beyond redemption this time. She knew there was no going back. When she had seen Arnav slipping away from the party, she had merely followed him with the intention to ask whether he was okay. She had by no means meant to eavesdrop. But hearing this vile woman spew venom at Arnav had caused all thoughts of formality and be-in-your-limit-Khushi to flow out of her mind. And now here she was claiming to be Arnav Singh Raizada's girlfriend.

"Wwhhatt?", Anandita spluttered.

"Why the shock?", Khushi asked with a smirk.

Taking Arnav's hand in hers, Khushi intertwined her fingers with his and gave him a reassuring smile. A small imperceptible nod from him indicated that he was not going to stop her. Khushi now turned to Anandita, having decided to give her a piece of her mind.

"So, Anandita please give me the honor of answering the questions you posed at Arnav. Being his partner, I think I can speak on his behalf.", Khushi's words now flowed so smoothly no one could decipher that she had become the said partner just a few minutes ago.

"Firstly, when the fact is so plain disgusting and unbearable to look at, no one will want to acknowledge it. Secondly, you letting Ratna Raizada married is no question. You know as well as me that she has two children. If you cause them to separate, most of his property will go to his children. And legalizing things will clearly disturb your lavish lifestyle. Am I right or right?"

"How dare you?"

"Oh I dared just as you dared. Let me make Arnav's words clearer for you. Leave him and his family alone. Spare us your cheap comments. We're really not interested. If we want roadside drama, we'll watch a movie.", Khushi ended with a sarcastic grin.

"You will pay for this. I will not let this go in vain.", Anandita spat.

Arnav finally stepped out of his trance and made to defend Khushi. But Khushi Kumari Gupta needed no saving.

"Please make sure you cash it to Khushi Kumari Gupta. I'll be waiting. Now please leave us alone. You are wasting precious time.", she grandly dismissed her with the wave of her hand.

As Anandita walked away stomping her foot in anger, Khushi turned towards Arnav.

"Are you okay, Arnav?", she asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah.", was all he could mutter.

Khushi turned to leave but stopped in her tracks. He was still holding her hand. On seeing her stop, he looked at her and saw her eyes pointing to their intertwined hands. He quickly, albeit unwillingly, let it go. Arnav had finally grasped what had transpired and took charge now.