Part 6

Having read the same line for the umpteenth time, Khushi closed the book in irritation. Books were her life and she could read in any given situation. But today it was being too difficult. Although she read the words,her mind was elsewhere. After a lot of tries, she decided it was best to take a break and sort out the mess bubbling in her mind. It had a name.

And a face.

A handsome face at that.

'No Khushi. What's wrong with you! You are not a fifteen-year-old teenager. If there is a mess, there must be a way out. You just need to think systematically.', she resolved, her OCD kicking in. She took out her phone and began writing a note. It was something like this:

'Issue – Thinking about ASR.

Since – The party at SM.

Frequency – Very high.

Cure – Not yet.'

Having deposited her mess on her note, she began thinking.So, she had been thinking about Arnav a lot these days. Why? Because he was not like other men. Khushi was beautiful and she knew it. The other gender had always been interested in her for her looks or her lineage. No one had ever approached her for who she was as a person. Hence, she had always evaded them. She was an eternal romantic having grown up reading books. She had been very pleasantly surprised that day when she had intruded in Arnav's space and he had let her. He had heard her patiently and his timely questions had shown that he had actually listened to every word she said. His manners and his wit had blown her over. But it could not go on forever – her thinking about him every day.

Was this love?

No. She knew it wasn't. It was too soon to fall in love.

Infatuation?

Nope. She knew she was not attracted to him.

Then what was it?

After thinking for quite some time, Khushi jumped up in joy.

Yes. It was a connection. She felt compelled to be in his touched. When they had shook hands, she had felt something unusual. A weird comfort seemed to seep into her and wash her soul over with it. There was no point denying what was obvious. It was best to let life unfold. Having decided this,she modified her note:

'Issue – Thinking about ASR.

Since – The party at SM.

Frequency – Very high.

Cure – Let things unfold.'

All this thinking had given her a headache. She decided to ping her friend Arti to ask for the name of the medicine – she was a doctor so might as well be of some use to her friends.

"Name a pill for headache with no side effects. ASAP before my head blows open!", and send.