Chapter 15

No dreams haunted me that night, just the uneasy blackness. I woke up early that morning, Luxa was still fast alsleep, and her chest rose in a steady pattern. I slipped out of the cave, and sat on the ground, how I wished there was night sky to recall constellations upon.

"Can't sleep?" A high pitched, yet raspy voice called out. I turned around, it was Deimos. He crawled up by me, his massive wings tucked against his side.

"Yep," I sat there, thinking of what to say, "You look alot like your father you know,"

"That's what Aurora always says, but I have never met him. She also said, that he was the Warriors bond, I don't think I've met him yet," I laughed, "What?"

"Oh, just you stating you have never met the Warrior, your sitting next to him,"

"Your the Warrior? I thought he'd be not as skinny as you are, not you, with your insect looking legs,"

"That was 10 years ago, and I saved the Underland, on multiple occasions, with my insect looking legs," He laughed, well more like chuckled. I smiled. We sat there, and Demios' breath became steady, signaling he was asleep.

I felt a vibration in the pants pocket, and remembered it was my phone. I grabbed it, and looked at who it was. It was Lizzie, asking for me to call her. I quickly called her, and she picked up.

"Gregor,"

"What Liz?"

"News just came back that Ares is dead," My ears started ringing and my heart dropped into my stomach, "Gregor are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, you go back to sleep,"

"Okay,"

"Bye,"

"Goodbye," I hang up, and put the phone back in my pocket. My eyes stung with tears, I stood up, my legs weak, and my heart heavy.

I sat on the cave floor, my hands shaking making it hard to cut bread slices. I finally managed, and layed some meat on the slices, before adding another slice ontop, making a sandwich.

Luxa started to stir, and she eventually sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes. I handed her a sandwich.

We packed all of our things, and headed off into the jungle.