Chapter 23 (part 2/4)

[Dear Luxa,

[Dear Luxa,

It's been a crazy few years, hasn't it? I have watched you grow into the young lady you are today. I don't regret ever agreeing to be your guide on the first crazy adventure we went on.. Then I never would have met you or Gregor. I hope you have a happy marriage. I know he is the one, the way you two look at each other. He truly is your soulmate.

I also wish your reign to be one of peace and prosperity. Just know I will always be by your side, even when it feels like I am gone forever, I'll be there, I promise.

Also, look out for Gregor, he has a tendency to be hard on himself. Also, don't be hard on yourself either. Although the world may seem against you, don't give up on yourself. You have survived so much, even being apart from your soulmate for a decade. It takes a strong heart to survive without someone you love that much for that long.

Take care of yourself, okay?

It was truly a pleasure to be your bond.

Your friend,

Ripred]  

~~~

Luxa's eyes welled up as she read this note from her bond. The intent he had behind it was just enough to get her emotional. She had seen it coming for weeks. But they always came true. Always. She was at war with herself, torn between whether to be mad at herself or her "gift". The few memories she had of her late mother was her telling her that her ability was a gift, but right now it felt like a curse. Haunting her, following her with every move she took. She couldn't escape it. 

She set the papers down and moved to her table, which was covered in the same parchment as the note from her bond. She threw the papers off of the table. They landed on the floor. She saw a photo. It was her and her two bonds on the day of her official coronation. RIpred had gone to the Overlander during the night and took some cameras. He'd come back and it turns out Hazard also had a knack for photography. He'd taken pictures of everything. People dancing, the Castle interior, and he even convinced Vikus to let him go into the Jungle. The jungle had been off-limits to any one of the Royal Family. Incase if I died and no one was there to take the throne, it would go to another wealthy family. Vikus wanted to preserve the royal bloodline--the original bloodline--and now he was gone. He had passed just last year, and his place in her heart was still tender, not yet healed. Now Ripreds death added twice the amount of pain.  

"Your Majesty?" It was Nene, "You are needed in the council," Wiping her tears, and straightening her poster, she put on a calm face, one that hid all emotions, and stepped out the door.

~~~