Chapter 12

"Your Highness,"

"Yes," Luxa set down her silverware, her ring glittering in the torchlight.

"Howard wants you in the hospital," Luxa stands up. I stand up.

"No, stay," Luxa says, I reluctantly sit back down. I watch as she walks away.

~~~

"Howard, why am I needed?"

"Come, you need to see this," He leads her to the isolation wing, and down to the last room. In one of the rooms, was her friend, a few patches of fur, and eyes bloodshot. The fur he had "lost" was sitting in piles on the ground, scattered around the place.

"How? This afternoon, there was just that small patch of missing hair, now he hardly has any, it's only been a few hours?"

"I believe, the longer that the longer they have this pest," He holds up a vile, with a large black thing inside it. Luxa had seen many strange things, but this one was foreign. Otherworldly. Alien, "The worse it becomes. You will have to leave sooner than the end of the week, Ripred isn't in good condition," 

She took the vial from his hand, her ring shimmering.

"Where'd you get that ring?" She hesitated, she and Gregor didn't discuss whether they were ready to tell people yet.

"I found it," She said, examining the insect. She handled the vial to Howard and faced the glass. She put her hand on the glass, flattening her palm on it's smooth surface, and whispered a promise under her breath. She walked away, glancing back at her cousin, giving him a weak smile, before turning away.

~~~

"Luxa," I say, she was fidgeting with the ring, spinning it on her finger. I smile. 

"Oh, Gregor," She rest her head on my chest, and my arms wrap around her.

"Are you okay?" She pulls away, and looks into my eyes. Her violet eyes stared into my brown ones.

"No, Ripred is doing well, I'll tell you more once we get to our room," 

"Our?"

"Yes, why wouldn't it be yours as well, we are to be married,"

"Fair," 

We swiftly walked to our room. We didn't walk into the actual bedroom part of it, but the little sitting area. We sat with our hips and shoulders touching. 

"You remember that little balding on Ripred,"

"Yeah...,"

"Well, it spread, his room is covered with his fur, and he is practically furless,"

"Really? In just a few hours?"

"Howard belives that the longer the pest is on the host, the worse it becomes. He also said we should leave in the morning,"

"Yeah, we should, I know how miserable it is to see someone you care about in that state, and in an even worse state. I'm here for you, love," Her face turned a bright red, I laughed.  

"Um, we should get to bed now,"

"Okay, we do have a long journey ahead of us," I stand up, and hold out my hand to help Luxa up. 

"I'm going to get changed," she said, before walking into a separate room. I walk over to the window by the bed, I look out, and see the guards putting out the torches. They went out a few at a time, until there were only the ones that the guards used. I walk away from the window, and to my bag, which I left in here. I grab out a moss colored cotton tee and my sweatpants. I quickly change into them, and go back to looking out the window.

"Beautiful, isn't it," Luxa was at my side, in her night dress, and her long silvery blonde hair tied in a bun.

"Yes, more beautiful than I remember," I was looking at her. I quickly looked away.

"Where are the girls?"

"In bed, they were exhausted,"

"As they should be. Today has been a lot for them,"

"And for awhile it will, until they get adjusted,"

"Well, we have a long day ahead of us, we should also go to bed," Luxa walks to the other side of the bed, and I slip under the covers. SHe puts out the torch on her bedside table, before sliding in. She snuggles up against me and I fall into the sweet abyss of sleep.

~~~

Okay, this was going to be longer, but is midnight where I live and I'm tired.

Also, funny story. While I was writing this, I took off my glasses, for a second, and I knocked stuff off of my nightstand. I spent a good 2 mins feeling around, in the dark for them (yes much like Velma XD), until I grabbed my phone flashlight, and found out they were on my nightstand smh. Also, yes I do wear glasses, cause I have terrible vision! Yay *sarcasm*

Anyways, I think I'm going crazy, so imma sleep.

Best wishes,
Chlorella