Chapter 18

I quickly dodged the oncoming snake. The snake hit the ground with a sickening thud, its fangs digging into the dirt. Then, hundreds maybe even thousands of snakes emerged from the canopy. I gulped as I looked at them. I looked at Luxa, and she looked at me. We were going to fight as one, when one of us falls, the other falls.

Snakes started lunging at us, left and right. Some were the same poison green as the first snake, then others were vibrant purples and blues, signifying that they shouldn't be messed with.

I felt my rager senses flick on. I could see where to hit the snakes inorder to make them fall to the ground in a lifeless pile. I moved at lightning speed, taking down snake after snake.

I looked over at Luxa, she was grasping her arm, with a grimacing look on her face. She must've been bit. I was distracted and didn't see the blue snake lunging at me.

"GREGOR, TO YOUR LEFT," Luxa screamed, snapping back to the battle at hand. They just kept coming one after another. It was never ending, snakes just kept lunging left and right. Until, I killed the final snake. I felt the adrenaline still coursing through my body. I dropped my sword as I saw all the blood from the fallen snakes.

I felt a sharp pain in my right thigh. My hand immediately jumped to the ache, I pulled it away and it came back covered in a warm dark red liquid. Blood.

I felt similar pain all over my arms, they were just small cuts, but with the adrenaline slowly ceasing they caused more and more pain. Especially the large cut in my thigh. I must've gotten it from one of the sharp rocks that jutted out of the ground. I turn around, remembering about Luxa. I ran to her side. Her arm was bleeding profusely. It wasn't a snake bit, thank god, but even worse, a large gash. I ripped off part if my shirt and tied it to her arm. Her face grimaced in pain as I tied it around the large gash. I helped lift her to her feet, and we spotted the red plant.