Chapter 23 (part 3/4)

[Dear Lizzie,

[Dear Lizzie,

I have only known you for a little time. But, you reminded me so much of my pup, Silksharp. I had thought my days of fatherhood were over when they were killed. But, when I met you, they were fulfilled again. Although only for a short time.

Take care of yourself, I mean it, and find someone who treats you well, like how Luxa and Gregor are. The only thing I regret is not spending more time with you. Gregor taught you damn well. I see him in you. You have fire in your soul Lizzie. Not many people are like you. Not as intelligent, kind, or as witty as you. Use your gifts for good, okay? You would make a good council member. They have abided by tradition for too long, our world is changing and you would be the perfect person to help make those changes.

Take my advice, or don't it is your life, and live it to it's fullest until your clock has rung it's last hours.

Your friend,
Ripred.]

~~~

She had felt this way when her parents died. This feeling loomed over her, causing her breath to hitch as she remembered his lifeless body. He--no it, it wasn't Ripred anymore--sat on the floor, twisted at odd angles. It looked nothing like the Ripred she had known. All of its fur was gone, it looked more like a naked mole-rat than an actual rat. Bloody marks covered its body like it he was trying to get rid of something. Something terrifying. 

She shook her head trying to shake the terrifying image out of her head. But it wouldn't go away. She cried out in frustration. Her hands trembled and her body shook. She had gotten all the tears out of her system earlier, now she was left with the aftereffect of it. Terrible pain in her stomach, and an aching sensation deep within. She pulled her knees to her chest, pulling herself in, hoping to get away from life's difficulties. Was it even worth living? She asked herself. She tucked her head away, hidden by her knees.

"Are you okay, miss?"

~~~