43

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

"What the hell do you mean, Stiles?" I ask, pressing harder on the gas pedal.

"Banshees don't just tell us who died, okay, Lyrica?" Stiles' voice fills the car from the radio and Liam looks at me in panic. "They predict death. They tell us who is about to die. Okay?"

"What the hell does Derek have to do with any of this?!" I exclaim, terrified for my mate's safety.

"Lyrica, his name was the final key. His name unlocked the final third. The other two keys were people who died, okay? Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Shut the hell up, Stiles." I growl before reaching up and hitting the end call button.

"He's gonna be okay, right?" Liam asks, and I can feel his fear through our new bond.

"Yes." I reply, eyes darting between the road and the screen of my phone as I call Isaac.

"Mom?" Isaac asks, sounding tired.

"Isaac, where's your father?" I ask, pressing harder on the gas pedal. Liam grabs the 'oh shit' bar next to him.

"He's asleep downstairs. Why?"

"Go down there right now. Wake his ass up. Keep him awake. Don't let him out of your sight. Even for a second. Not even to piss."

"Mom, you're scaring me. What's going on?" Isaac's voice shakes but I can easily hear him getting up and leaving his bedroom.

"Just stay with him. We'll be home soon." I end the call before Isaac can ask anything else.

"How are you driving so steady right now?" Liam asks, eyes wide.

"Speed limits are just a recommendation, Liam." I reply, taking a sharp left turn.

After another 5 minutes of going way over the speed limit, I pull into the parking lot of the loft complex. I kill the engine and Liam and I are immediately racing for the building. We reach the loft in no time and I fling open the door, finding Isaac, Derek, and Braeden all standing in the living room area.

"Oh thank God." I sigh, rushing up to Derek.

"Lyrica? What's going on?" Braeden asks as I begin frantically searching Derek for any life-threatening injuries.

I ignore her, continuing to look my mate over.

"Lyrie." Derek says, catching my hands in his own. I look up at him, searching his face for any injury or sign of discomfort. "Talk to us. What's wrong?"

"Your name was the third key." I mutter, knowing everyone in the room can hear me.

"What? How? The other two keys were people who are-"

"Dead." Braeden cuts Isaac off. "But banshees predict death. Not just notify us of it. That's why your mother is freaking out."

"You've had a long day, Lyrie." Derek sighs. "You need to rest. We all do. We can't think clearly with how exhausted everyone is. We'll talk about this first thing in the morning."

"But what if something happens during the night?" I protest. "What if one of the assassins sneak in while we're asleep and get to you?"

"Lyrica, that won't happen. You've got a gazillion alarms in this place and you've got two werewolves sleeping upstairs. Not to mention that you're a werewolf yourself. You'll be alright for one night." Braeden says, walking closer to me. "Get some sleep. I'll be upstairs in the guest bedroom. The boys will be in their rooms. Everyone will still be there when you wake up."

"Okay." I mutter, and the three of them go back upstairs.

"Hey, come on. You need to rest." Derek says, pulling me towards the bed.

"I can't let you die, Der. I won't let you die." I say, ignoring his words.

"Look at me, Lyrie."

When I refuse to do so, Derek gently grabs my face, forcing me to look up at him.

"I'm not dying any time soon. I don't care what Lydia says. I don't care what any banshee says. I'm not going anywhere. Okay?"

I nod with a sigh, and climb into bed with him. It seems like it's only seconds later that I'm asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Next Day-

Parrish holds his hands out and Derek closely examines them. Scott and Lydia are watching the two carefully. It's early and a weekend, so everyone but Lydia, of course, is dressed quite sloppily, but nobody gives a crap. I'm wearing a pair of black leggings designed to look like a marble pattern with an old ACDC shirt that used to be Laura's.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asks, glancing up at Parrish. He nods, and Derek releases his hands.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia asks, looking at my mate. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they should be gone." Derek tells her.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish says, obviously confused.

"Not if you're like us." I shrug.

"Like you?" The deputy frowns.

"I don't think he's like us." Derek denies, looking down at me.

"Then what is he?" Lydia questions, looking at the man.

"Sorry, but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott protests.

"This is a little out of my experience." Derek tells the teen, but I can tell that's not the only reason. He's stressed with everything going on. We all are. And this just adds fuel to the flame. No pun intended. "There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." Scott sighs.

"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary?" Parrish interrupts. "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just...Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia?"

Lydia raises a brow, just as confused as the rest of us.

"Are you all psychic?" He clarifies and I can't stop my laugh before it comes out.

"Psychic?" Derek asks with a small smile.

"Yeah."

"Not exactly." Scott tells him and I roll my eyes. He just has to act all secretive.

"Okay, then what are you?" Parrish wearily asks. Scott looks over to me and Derek, and we just shrug. Scott closes his eyes and turns back to Parrish. When he opens his eyes again, they're red.