17

We Gucci, Fam. Let's get updating. Also, quick PSA, if you viewed my most recent live and HAVE NOT been contacted by me via Instagran dm's about getting your wattpad username, dm me. If I have not reached out to you and you did view the live, don't be afraid to let me know so you can get your credit. The users credited in the next few chapters coming up viewed my live. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

itsyaboicatherine

-Time Skip-

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

Parrish flicks out the baton, looking across the desk at Argent. "Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit."

"I only use it for hunting." Argent tries to convince the deputy, glancing over at me and Derek as Derek pockets his belongings.

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump start a 747."

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped." Argent glares. "Although I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that."

I had arrived at the station just in time to see Noah uncuffing Derek and Argent.

"I am. I'll take care of this, Parrish." Noah says, walking up and leaning on the desk.

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber."

"I said I'll take care of it." Noah gives the deputy a stern look as he takes the weapon, collapsing the baton.

He turns and leads us into his office, setting the baton on the desk and looking across the surface at us.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit."

"'We can't say for sure.'" I sigh, knowing the phrase much too well from these past few weeks.

"Right. And then I spoke with Melissa." He pulls out two images, setting them out for us to see. "These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'. I knew they were similar."

I take the images from his outstretched hand, holding them for the males on either side of me to see.

"But those are the same." Noah voices our thoughts. "Exactly the same."

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible?" Derek asks.

"Not even remotely."

"So the trickster is still playing tricks." Argent sighs as I set the images down.

"But why this trick?" Derek sighs, looking down at the pictures.

"When I was in the Army," Noah starts. "An officer told me 'If you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope.'"

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Argent nods.

"But Stiles might." I sigh.

"If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right?" Noah says, hope dripping from each syllable.

"You know, he's left people seriously injured." Argent drops the bomb.

"And others severely dead." Derek stands up straight.

"That's why I need the three of you." Noah says and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him."