16

All right. I just wrote a lot. Like, A LOT. I just wrote Allison's death and legit had a panic attack watching and writing it. It's legit freaking me tf out. So I'm gonna publish this chapter for you guys, and then take a break to color and calm down before posting some more. This chapter is being published early thanks to the wonderful person with the IG username of Zairahmri! Also, you guys get an hour loop above because it's quite peaceful and it currently helping me calm down. Enjoy!

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

"So what exactly happened that got you arrested?" I ask, helping Derek onto the bed in the loft.

"It's a long story." He groans in pain.

"Well, we've got time." I reply, moving to grab the scissors and first aid kit from the small kitchen. I also grab a bowl of warm water and a clean rag.

"When I came here, there was one of Argent's ultrasonic emitters upstairs." Derek explains as I come back over to him. I carefully help him remove his jacket, and then grab the scissors to cut his shirt off. "I broke into his apartment and stabbed it into his desk. While I was there, he confessed that he didn't do it, and then we found a briefcase full of money."

"How much?" I toss the ruined shirt into the trash can next to the bed, and help Derek lie down.

"Like 150 grand." He grunts in pain as I remove the first shard of glass.

"How does that get you guys arrested?"

"I asked where it came from and Argent said it was from a man named Katashi. Also known as Silverfinger. Scott's dad came in with said silver finger. He said he got it from Katashi's dead body and then he arrested us."

"God, that man is a prick." I sigh. "How did the emitter get here if it wasn't Argent?"

"Stiles." Derek sighs, only to wince.

"Don't move." I demand, grabbing the damp cloth to carefully wipe away any dried blood.

"Apparently Stiles ended up at the school with an emitter, too." Derek continues to explain. "He used it to get Scott and the twins to the basement and they ended up realizing that there was a trap on the cross country trail and Coach ended up getting shot in the stomach with an arrow."

"Oh my God." I gasp. "Is he okay?"

"As far as I heard."

"Good. He's the only staff member there that I actually liked."

"My phone is ringing."

I halt my actions of plucking the glass out of Derek's back, and sure enough, there's vibrating coming from his jacket pocket.

"Why didn't they take this from you at the station?" I ask, pulling it out and checking the caller ID. It's Scott.

"I don't know, nor do I care." Derek replies and I answer the phone, hitting the speaker button and setting it on the bed.

"What's up, Scott?" I ask, resuming removing the glass.

"The Oni caught us at the animal clinic. Kira and I fought them off until I got stabbed and we went inside and then Stiles knocked Kira out and revealed that he wasn't actually Stiles and then he told me that a Nogitsune feeds off pain and then he took all the pain that I had taken earlier in the day, and then Deaton showed up and poisoned him." Scott rushes out.

"Are you guys okay?" I sigh, hating that they're all dealing with that.

"Yeah. Stiles and Kira are still out of it, but we'll be alright. How's Derek?" Scott asks. "I'm assuming he's alright since you answered his phone."

"He'll be good as soon as I get all this glass out." I reply. "And check for a concussion."

"Why don't you just be a doctor instead of a teacher?"

"I only specialize in werewolves and the occasional werecoyote, Kid."

"Look, Kira's waking up. I'll call you guys later." Scott hangs up the phone and I give my full attention to Derek's quickly healing back.

"You know you don't have to go back, right?" Derek asks after a moment of silence.

"Go back where?" I ask, pulling a rather large piece out.

"To the school. Teaching. We both know you don't need to."

"I know." I sigh. "But I want to. I like to teach, and there's kids out there who could use a helping hand."

"If you're sure."

"I am." I pull the last piece of glass out and drop the tweezers in the bowl. "All done. You could use a shower to get all that blood off, but there's no more glass."

Derek sits up and turns to look at me.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I say, confused as to why he randomly decided to say those words.

"Will you do something for me?" Derek asks, taking my hand into his.

"Of course. Anything." I don't hesitate.

"Stay here for the night."

"Except that." I retract my previous statement. "Der, you know I can't leave Isaac. Melissa can't stay there forever."

"Then just stay for a few hours. Take a shower, and get some rest. You've been through a hell of a lot the past week and you need to take a breather." Derek tries to convince me.

"But-"

"I promise we will go back to the hospital together afterwards." Derek cuts me off. "Just lay down with me and get some rest. I'll set an alarm."

"Fine." I sigh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened to Derek?" Melissa asks as she walks into the room. After I showered and rested like Derek insisted, I got a call from Noah saying that Derek had to be back in the station.

"He had to go back to the station." I sigh. "Noah said that he could say that Derek was taken to the hospital to be checked for a concussion after the bomb instead of me taking him, and he wouldn't be in any altered trouble if we brought him back ASAP. So he's back in there with Argent."

"I'm sorry you're going through all of this, Lyrica." Melissa sighs, pulling up a chair and sitting next to me. My eyes don't leave Isaac's sleeping form. "We'll get Stiles back and Isaac will heal and everything will be back to normal."

"No it won't, Melissa." I sigh once more. "I keep telling myself that, but it'll never be normal again. My normal was my family. Safe, protected, alive. Hunter's gone. I keep telling myself that he's not really gone. That he'll be back like last time and his body is just taking time to heal. But it's a lie. I held him for hours after the doctors called it. I listened, hoping, praying, for just the smallest little blip or for his chest to move even the tiniest bit to show that he was alive. But all that happened was his body getting colder and colder. When I get back to work, I'll have to explain to everyone what happened. That my baby brother who died and came back to life, died of what the doctors say is pneumonia. I'm gonna have to explain to Isaac when he wakes up that Hunter is gone. I don't know how to do that, Melissa."

Throughout my rant, tears started filling my eyes and I just let them fall. I've been holding them in for so long, and it's just making things worse.

"Hey. We just need to take things slowly." Melissa says, holding my hand. "The first thing we need to do is get Stiles back. And in order to do that, we need Argent and Derek freed. I'll look over Isaac. You go talk to Noah."

"Are you sure?" I ask, trying to stop my tears.

"Positive. Now go free your husband."

"Thank you, Melissa."