20

This song seemed to fit this chapter pretty good. I'm crying. No cap.

Amy7564

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

I manage to keep the twins alive long enough for Derek to get a hold of Argent. Together, we get them to the loft and drop them down on the couch. Derek and Argent step aside to talk as I start grabbing various materials to help the boys. I grab a couple rags and start wiping the black blood off their faces and hands, siphoning the pain from their body for as long as I possibly can.

"Lyrica." Derek's voice cuts through the silence and I make a noise to let him know I'm listening. "Stop."

I ignore him, continuing to clean the twins up and take their pain.

"Lyrica."

I toss the dirty rag aside, grabbing a clean one and continuing to work.

"Lyrica."

I watch the veins in my hands turn black as I take the pain.

"Lyrica, stop!" Derek seizes my hands, pulling them away from the twins.

"Derek, let me go! I have to help them!" I try pulling my hands away, but he holds tight.

"Lyrica, I can feel your pain. The pain you're taking from them. You need to stop." Derek tells me.

"Derek, I can't. I can't let them die." I whisper.

"They won't. Just take a breather. Come here."

I walk over to Argent with him, only for Allison to call her father. They found Lydia. This is the final stand.

"I need to go. I need to help them." I pant, looking between Argent and Derek.

"Lyrica-"

"Our son is out there, Derek." I cut him off. "Our son. My brother. I need to go protect them."

It's silent for a moment and Derek stares me down for the entire time.

"Be safe." He says and I take that as my leave, sprinting out of the loft as fast as I possibly can.

As I drive, I manage to call Scott and get the location. I go as fast as I possibly can, ignoring stop lights and stop signs along the way. I manage to reach the gates just as the teens are about to go inside. I kill the engine and walk up to them, analyzing everyone.

"We've done this before, guys." Scott says with a huff. "A couple of weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember?" We all nod. "That was a total stranger. This is Lydia."

"I'm here to save my best friend." Allison nods.

"I came to save mine." Scott looks at Stiles.

"I came to save my brother." I put a hand on Stiles' shoulder.

"I just didn't feel like doing any homework." Isaac jokes.

With that, we turn and walk through the open gates. Scott and Stiles go one way while I stay with Isaac, Allison, and Kira.

"Kira, turn around and go home." A voice I recognize as Kira's mother, calls. "Take your friends with you."

Allison loads an arrow into her bow, and Kira readies her sword.

"I can't. When I looked at the game I realized who I was actually playing. You." Kira replies.

"Call them off." Allison says, aiming the arrow at Noshiko.

"You think you could take him alive?" The 900 year old woman smirks. "You think you can save him?"

"What if we can?" Kira questions her mother.

"I tried something like that 70 years ago. Your friend is gone."

"Are you sure? Or if Stiles doesn't have to die. Maybe Rhys didn't have to die either?"

The oni move to a fighting stance, and Noshiko gives her daughter a tight smile.

"I see I'm no longer the fox now, Kira. You are. But the Nogitsune is still my demon to bury." The oni disappear, and Noshiko gasps. She holds out her hand, and there's a light in it that quickly fades out.

"Mom?" Kira asks.

"What is that?" I demand, flicking my claws out. "What does that mean?"

"It means there's been a change in ownership." Stiles' voice suddenly sounds. We spin to look behind us, where the Nogitsune is standing with the oni behind him. "Now they belong to me."

The oni attack, and we're quick to fight back. Isaac and I fully shift, taking on the oni at full strength. Kira battles with her sword and Allison repeatedly fires arrows. However, the arrows are easy for the shadow warriors to deflect, slicing down the arrows before they even make impact.

We continuously get cut and hit and thrown down, but we manage to jump back to our feet quick enough to avoid the final blows. Isaac gets thrown into a pile of old wood planks, and Allison fights off the oni trying to kill him. Kira struggles against numerous oni, so I run to help her, distracting one of the two fighting her.

"How do we stop them?" I hear Isaac yell.

"You can't!" Noshiko yells.

I feel the blade slice across Isaac, and I see red as he's repeatedly cut by the swords. I try to get to him, but the oni fighting me refuses to yield, forcing me to stay put. I manage to kick the creature away in time to watch as Allison's arrow hits the oni in the chest. It drops its sword and a bright yellow light streams from its chest.

There's a loud boom of thunder, distracting everyone as the ground shakes. The oni explodes, leaving nothing but black streaks in its wake, and I waste no time in rushing to Isaac, helping him sit up and closely monitoring our surroundings in case any oni reappear. My eyes widen when I see one appear in front of Allison. I scream for her to move, but it falls upon deaf ears as the sword is driven through her abdomen.

Scott shows up in time to catch the young hunter as she falls, and the oni disappear. Kira runs to her mother and Isaac collapses in my arms as we watch the former lovers.

"Allison." Scott whimpers.

"Did you find her? Is she okay? Is Lydia safe?" Allison gasps.

"She's okay. Yeah." Scott whispers. He grabs her hand, trying to take her pain. "I-I can't. I can't take your pain."

"It's because it doesn't hurt." Allison's voice is growing quiet as she stares straight up with wide eyes.

"No." Scott protests.

"It's okay."

"Allison."

"It's okay. It's okay." The huntress sobs. "It's okay. It's perfect. I'm in the arms of my first love. The first person I ever loved. The person I'll always love. I love you. Scott. Scott McCall."

"Don't, please, don't. Allison don't, please."

"You have to tell my dad. You have to tell my dad. Tell him." Allison's words fade into stutters before her breath fades, her heart giving out.

"No." Scott sobs over her fallen body. Isaac cries and I pull him closer to me, not wanting him to see any more.

I hear footsteps and look up to see Chris Argent, watching Scott cradle his fallen daughter.