Three

An hour later, they stumbled inside of the elevator, both of them still slightly tipsy from the martinis they had just consumed at the hotel bar after deciding to have one more drink together. It was rare that the whole band stayed at the same hotel, let alone that all four band members were located on the same floor.

The calm atmosphere from their walk outside London's lonely streets was gone. Instead, Stevie was now giggling uncontrollably about Lindsey's confused facial expression while they were walking down the length of their hotel floor. An older man with white hair and a toothbrush in his right hand, only clad in his briefs and a pair of sandals and two different colored socks had joined them on their way up to the top floor for a couple minutes. While Stevie and Lindsey had bandied looks, both of them hardly trying to stop themselves from bursting out in laughter, the man suddenly started to whistle "Hotel California" by The Eagles out of nowhere, before walking out and leaving them by themselves.

"What the fuck..?!", Lindsey had muttered as soon as they were alone, causing Stevie to finally erupt in hearty laughter, "Did you see that? Do you think he was sleepwalking?"

"I have no idea.", she had giggled, "I'm actually still not entirely sure what we just witnessed to be honest."

"What do you think, how many years do we have left until we end up like this?", Lindsey had asked and shot her a look.

Stevie had shrugged, "Ten, if we're lucky, I guess."

"Oh, good God!", he had sighed loudly, Stevie still laughing hysterically. They had come to a stop at her hotel suite door, Lindsey's was just a couple more steps down the hall.

She pulled out her keycard and started fiddling with it to open up the door. "Damnit.", she muttered when even after her fifth try the lock didn't budge.

"Here, let me.", Lindsey said and gently pushed her aside to do the job.

"Thank you.", Stevie said with a warm smile as she heard the familiar sound of the door being unlocked.

"You're welcome."

"I umm.. I had a great night.", Stevie admitted. She didn't really know what to say but she didn't want the evening to come to an end so abruptly, either.

"So did I.", Lindsey was quick to reply as he watched Stevie move past him towards the door, only to turn around and take another look at him with those deep dark brown eyes. "I know it doesn't sound very nice but I am glad Chris didn't feel too well, tonight."

"You are?", Stevie asked slightly surprised by his honesty. They usually didn't talk so openly to each other, anymore. No, that ship had sailed a long time ago.

Lindsey nodded and handed back her keycard. His fingers brushed hers when he did so, "I think we needed that. I missed you, Stevie."

Stevie looked at him for a long moment, her eyes travelling over the all too familiar features of his handsome face. "If you weren't married right now, I would probably invite you in.", she said all of a sudden, her tongue loose from the alcohol. She herself was surprised how bold she was being, the back of her head leaning against her hotel room door, golden hair falling to the side to expose the pale skin of her neck. Lindsey doubted that she had even the slightest idea just how seductive she was being as she looked up at him through dark hooded eyes. Her statement was as clear as it could get.

"And what if I want to come in, anyway?", he asked. His blue eyes were intense as he stared at her.

Stevie swallowed hard. This wasn't the kind of reply she had been expecting. Lindsey sensed that he had caught her off guard, his words causing her to take in a long deep breath. "Linds, I..."