Eleven

The following morning, Stevie woke up to the smell of coffee. When her eyes fluttered open, she was met with the image of Lindsey sitting next to her in bed, his back resting against the headboard. He wore glasses, a completely unusual sight for her, his chest was still bare, in one hand he was holding his iPad while the other was bringing a steaming cup of coffee up to his mouth to take a sip.

"You don't happen to have a cup of coffee for me, too, do you?", she asked, causing Lindsey to jump and almost spill the hot beverage all over his upper body.

"Fuck, Stevie!", he cursed and set both, his iPad and the cup, carefully aside on top of the bedside table.

Stevie couldn't keep herself from bursting into a fit of laughter. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, Linds.", she said and covered her mouth with both hands.

Lindsey shook his head, then laughed, too, "You're going to be the death of me one day, I swear."

"I didn't mean for you to hurt yourself. I'm sorry.", she apologized a second time, but the loving expression on Lindsey's face told her he wasn't actually mad at her.

Lindsey slid down the length of the bed, so they were at the same eye level, again, and reached out to tuck a strand of golden hair behind one of her ears, "It's okay. I just thought you were still asleep."

Stevie smiled, then slowly shook her head, "I was until that smell woke me up. I love me some coffee first thing in the morning."

"Only coffee?", Lindsey asked with a furrowed brow.

Stevie smirked, "There hasn't been anything else on the menu for quite some time."

"Oh, really?", Lindsey picked up on her suggestive tone and scooted closer.

Stevie nodded and bit down on her bottom lip in anticipation. Even though, she had had trouble falling asleep after their conversation last night, she now felt a thousand times better being around him in such an intimate way. She did believe him when he had claimed that his and Kristen's marriage was falling apart. On top of that, it also helped to know that he wasn't sleeping with two women at the same time.

"Though, I gotta admit, waking up to that sight... phew!", she said, looking him up and down in a very obvious manner which caused the man next to her to chuckle in return.

"That bad?"

"Quite the opposite, actually.", Stevie said and ran one hand through his unruly curls, "You're so handsome, Linds. And those glasses suit you well, especially without a shirt on."

"Oh, these...", Lindsey rolled his eyes and reached up to his face to get rid of them, but he couldn't hide the fact that his cheeks turned a light shade of pink because of her compliment, "I can't read without them. Old age is a bitch, you know."

"Could have fooled me...", Stevie whispered and scooted so close that her nose was almost touching his by now, "I think you're just as gorgeous as you were back in the day."

Lindsey looked at her for a moment, almost as if he was contemplating on what to do next, then, he wrapped both arms around her body and pulled her on top of him. Stevie squealed in surprise before she started to giggle uncontrollably, but Lindsey was quick to shut her up with a tender kiss that had her melting right into his embrace. God, why did this have to feel so right?

"Did you stay here next to me in bed all morning just to watch me sleep?", she asked softly and pulled away half an inch to gaze into his mesmerizing blue eyes.

Lindsey nodded, "I enjoy waking up next to you. You're so peaceful when you sleep. I read the news, had coffee, took a shower, all while you were snoring away in peace."