6

Aizawa's backyard wasn't big enough to practice your quirk— and if you made a mess you were 97% sure he'd ship you to another country.

You couldn't help but think about your conversation with Todoroki. Of course it's understandable that people in UA need to take things seriously to become a pro, but his determination was on another level. Yet when he talks about being a hero he doesn't seem as passionate— not the good type of passionate anyway.

And so for the rest of the day, you started working out again, especially in combat. Tomorrow you would stay behind after school to practice your quirk since they have a more open area.

-

Deciding to take a break, you made your way to the kitchen to get something drink. On the way there you passed by the living room and saw something you didn't know why you haven't noticed it before.

It was a portrait of your mom and Aizawa in their teenage years. You've never seen the both of them so happy before.

"That was a longggg time ago," Aizawa appeared from around the corner and walked by your side.

"I've never seen her smile that genuinely before— you too to be honest," you let out a little laugh. "She married the wrong man."

"Don't say that." He put his hand on top of head and give it a little rub. "One good thing came out of that relationship, and it was you." Touched by his words, you have him a smile. "Even though you're a pain in the ass."

And there goes your smile. "If you stop insulting me for one day I might get you a new sleeping bag for Christmas," you slapped his hand away playfully.

"...Deal," he agreed. "Are you gonna go get ready for bed? It's getting late."

"Well I wanted to train a little bit more but I guess I should stop for the day." Now that your dad isn't here, you didn't have to constantly work yourself to a pulp anymore. You never really did understand why it was so important to him for you to train at every hour of the day. It wasn't like time's going anywhere.

Except now he's gone. Both your parents were.

"You started training again?" Aizawa led you both to your bedrooms.

"Yeah I had an... interesting conversation with Todoroki today. I guess it motivated me to start again," you explain. After he told you that you were no competition to him, you wanted to prove him wrong more than ever. "It really sucks I can't compete in the sports festival."

"You wanna prove yourself to the class don't you?" He asked as you guys stop at the doorway of your bedroom.

"Well yeah, as far as I know everyone in the class thinks I'm useless." Not everyone of course, just Bakugou and Todoroki. "And I won't be able to get scouted at the festival because I'm not participating."

"I'll tell you what," Aizawa began. "I'll see what I can do to help you get scouted. And tomorrow in class we can do some combat training exercises with the whole class— using quirks as well. Every student will pair up with a partner and we can have our own mini tournament. How about that? I'll even invite All Might to come watch."

Immediately, your face lit up from his idea. "Really?? We can do that? Thank you, Aizawa." You leaned in for a hug but he pushed your forehead away with his palm.

"Yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes. "Just make sure you do good and don't make me look bad." You nod your head multiple times, still excited about tomorrow. "Now go get some rest— save your energy."

"Yes, sir. Goodnight, sensei." You walk into your room and began closing the door.

"Goodnight, kid."