32

You stared at Dabi as he was reminiscing about the days you guys shared together.

"You stayed in my old city?" You asked. "I thought you told me you couldn't stay in one place for too long."

"Yeah well, you were a fun toy to play with," he shrugged, acting like it wasn't a big deal. You didn't know why, but you felt bad. Felt bad for leaving so abruptly and never thinking about him when he probably thought about you. "Don't give me that look. You're acting like I bought you a new house or something, all I did was stay an extra week."

"If I knew then maybe-"

"Maybe what?" He interrupted you. "You would've joined me? Live my life style?" You stayed silent, what were you going to say? Surely if you had known you would've left with Aizawa anyway. "That's what I thought."

"Well it still would've been nice to know," you say. "The image I had of you was someone who only cared about himself."

"You were right to keep that image." Dabi stood up and walked to the door. "I'll stop by again tomorrow before Shigaraki does. In the meantime, behave won't you? I don't want things to get out of hand. You won't be able to take down all of us. That includes me."

"I thought you 'weren't going to hurt me'," you glared at him.

He opened the door and glanced back at you. "I don't want to." With that, he stepped out and closed the door behind him before joining the rest of the League.

"Hey there, Dabi!" Twice waved enthusiastically at him. "Did you have time to catch up?"

Dabi sighed and sat in between him and Shigaraki at the bar. "Kurogiri, make me something to drink will you?"

"Whiskey it is," Kurogiri nodded before preparing the drink.

"I can't help but wonder," Shigaraki began talking, "why a man like you would take interest in a girl like her."

"I agree!" Twice chimed in. "What's so special about her?"

The warp villain handed Dabi a glass of whiskey, letting the man take a huge gulp before answering, "Because she's the first person who was able to make me feel anything in a long time." It was true, he was define himself a sort of numb person before he met you. But you were able to stir something out of him, you made him feel: annoyed, intrigued, happy, excitement. You made him feel human.

"Oooh, so you're in love with her!" Twice says.

Dabi gave him an annoyed look. "Love" was the last thing he had in mind. "I'm not in love with her— I don't think I'll ever be able to love something ever again." He wasn't going to look weak and say he enjoyed being "friends" with you whether you considered them friends or not.

"Mmm, so cold," Shigaraki sarcastically says.

"Shut it," Dabi spat. "You're the ones who asked dipshits."

"So if you're not in love with her, you just care about her then?" Kurogiri asks.

"What is this— a therapy session?" Dabi questioned his comrades.

"It's just a simple question," Twice rested his chin in his hands, eager to know more about this.

"I don't know," Dabi gave in and responds. "I just owe her for making me feel... alive, I guess. She's valued."

"She's taken!"

Dabi got up and attempted to light him on fire for getting on his nerves, but Kurogiri stepped in to prevent anybody from being hurt.

"I'm just kidding!" said Twice.

-

The next day, Bakugou woke up to scent of you when he buried his face into your pillow. Confusion hit him at first but then he remembered Mr. Aizawa offered to let him stay in your room for the night.