Chapter 29🍏

𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘯. She stays there, holed up, alone with her thoughts.

They run around and around, playing with her mind.

Is she the problem?

Did she say something to make Draco believe that they're not friends?

When night comes, she tosses and turns in her bed. Everything is going wrong. What is the matter with the boys at Hogwarts?

She sighs and rubs her eyes. If only they weren't underwater right now—some fresh air would do her good.

She sits up in bed and sees something move. Something that shouldn't be there.

At the foot of her bed is a slim figure, shadowed in the dark. A small whimper leaves her lips as she scrambles to the top of the bed and grabs her wand. Lumos is pronounced and two wands light up at the same time.

Draco stands in dark green silk pyjamas at the end of her bed. His hair is no longer sleeked back. It hangs loosely, platinum blonde strands falling in his eyes.

He looks tired. Really tired.

"What are you doing in here?" hisses Alexis. She whispers, but her voice is still raised.

"Can't sleep."

He says it as if creeping into the girl's dorm at night was normal.

"So you decide to watch me sleep like a psycho?" she says, still pointing her wand at him.

"I wasn't watching you sleep... I was going to wake you."

She lowers her wand. "Because?"

"You're the reason I can't sleep."

It's time they talk. She stands up and grabs his hand, escorting him out of the bedroom.

They walk down the cold hallway in silence, past the main lounge, the oval wooden table and one of the many fireplaces.

"Where are we going?" asks Draco, watching her lead him up a dark and narrow path that he'd never been down before.

She doesn't answer. They pass each torch on the wall but Alexis doesn't light them. She knows her way well enough.

Soon, they near an arched doorway which she pushes open. Inside, shadows are cast across the room by the moonlight, revealing a grand library.

Many of the Slytherins don't know that off the main passageways in their common room are secret doors that lead to additional rooms, and this library is one of them.

"We have a library?" asks Draco, astonished.

"Haven't you ever wondered why the dungeon is three times the size of our common room yet we're the only ones underground?"

She walks further into the room, lighting the torches with blue flames, a spell she learnt from Hermione.

All kinds of books adorn the shelves that stretch from the top of the circular room to the bottom. Between each shelf is a ceiling-to-floor window that looks out onto the top of the lake. From here, you can actually see the surface and watch how the water ripples.

"I discovered it one day looking for one of my lost bobby pins. There's probably more rooms that we don't know about, but so far, I've only found this one."

Draco walks over to the bookshelf and examines the paperback spines, reading the titles. "Are these—?"

"Books from the restricted section? Yes."