ten

they don't want me

they don't want me

  Eridanus Black was patient. She was kind. And she was intelligent. But some people, she just wanted to punch in the face. Like Severus Snape.

  "Black, the next time the Order meets, make sure that child is nowhere near here. She is a menace." The grump ordered "Almost worse than Potter and Lupin." Snape nodded at the door before leaving via floo.

  "What's up his-"

  "Alright Eri, sit. Don't be a pest to Molly while she cooks now." Eridanus swatted at Sirius as he walked by her for his patronizing words. She felt Ryder's hand on her shoulder as he sat next to her, both of them blocking out what was going on around them, engaging in a silent conversation between them both.

  "'Don't be a pest Eri' I'll show you pest you flea-ridden mangy mutt," Eridanus muttered as everyone sat around the table. She nodded a 'hello' to Harry once again who returned it with a smile.

  "Star be nice to your brother, you only have the living one left, mooch off of him as long as you can." Ryder joked with her. Eri let out a bell-like laugh before covering it with a cough when Sirius caught her glance, they must have been talking about something serious.

  "That's not funny Ry" She laughed from behind her goblet. Ryder and she were in their own little world until the yelling started, scaring Eridanus half to death. Sirius felt awful as he noticed his sister grow more and more uncomfortable with Molly's yelling.

  "Alright. Alright! ENOUGH! Sirius quit talking about things you're not meant to with Harry, Mrs. Weasley, Harry is not a child anymore, and quite honestly neither am I, you mustn't treat us as if we are!" Eri sat back down, enjoying the quiet for a moment before everyone began talking again. Remus noticed her shaking in her spot.

 "Alright then, enough about the Order, Sirius, Harry, you two should catch up." Remus gave the older man a stern look "'Danus come with me, I have a book I want to show you." The teen and the werewolf leave the kitchen together, one behind the other, Remus leading Eri away from prying eyes. "What has you so shaken up 'Danus? I know you don't like yelling but something else has you like this. You know you can talk to me or Sirius" Eri nodded before dropping to the carpeted floor sobbing onto her dark purple dress.

  "Will Sirius replace me with Harry?" Remus dropped next to her and wrapped the teen into a tight embrace

  "You will always be his sister Danus. Nothing will ever change that." Eri didn't stop crying. The teen was due for a breakdown. It took Sirius till their third year for his first big one. Who knows what she had gone through all those years alone. "What has you thinking this way?"

  Eri sighed deeply before finally meeting his eyes for only the second time that night "Regulus told me that he was replaced with a Potter not too long ago, I guess I'm afraid that I'll be replaced with a Potter too." She said, her voice wavering, a bit unsure.