six

Eridanus Amelia Wright-Moody 

June 13, 1995 

  "Ravenclaw, it's a wonderful house, the house of wisdom and knowledge!" Dumbledore saw the shocked and confused look on Eri's face as the had was taken off her head. Her hair was still perfect, the hair comb shimmered as she moved from her seat, over to Tonks and Ryder.

  Sirius gave her a wide smile, trying to show her that he was proud either way, but he saw the hesitation in her eyes as she returned the smile. Madeye nodded over to the door, signaling that he needed to talk to Sirius and Eridanus.

  "C'mon Eri" Sirius led his sister out of the now crowded space and into the study.

  "Hello, Auror Moody" Eri greeted formally, her head bowed a bit.

  "Call me Alastor, please." Eridanus nodded and closed the office door behind her and Sirius. "We have to work on your story Kid, if it's not perfect it'll unravel quickly. Remus mentioned that you have an affinity for memorizing things, how long do you think it'll take you to memorize something written down?"

  "Two minutes, give or take." Eri shifted on her feet "Ask me to recite Edgar Allen Poe's 'The Raven' if you don't believe me" Madeye chuckled

  "I'll take your word for it."

  They sat around in the office for half an hour, writing down the small details about 'her' life, Madeye and Sirius decided that her being his goddaughter was much safer than being her uncle, her mother lived in America but recently passed. Both her parents were English, her father was one of Moody's friends from Hogwarts, her mother decided after her father died that it would be safer to live in America. Madeye and Eridanus tried to get to know each other more, but failed miserably, deciding to let their conversations come more naturally than forced. After signing a paper, Eridanus Black, was now Eridanus Moody, in the eyes of the Ministry of Magic.

  "Pop quiz, your father's name?"

  "Tucker Wright."

  "Mother?"

  "Amelia Wright, she never spoke about her side of the family so I don't know her maiden name."

  "Who am I?"

  "You're my godfather, Alastor Moody, but to me, you're just Alastor."

  "What is your full name?"

  "Eridanus Amelia Wright, now Moody."

"What did your mother die of?"

  "A muggle ailment called cancer."

  "And your father?"

  "Killed before I was born, Bellatrix Lestrange, you were asked to be my godfather the moment Mum and Dad found out they were having me." Eri got ahead of Alastor "He was Crucioed until he was finally killed by Bellatrix. Using the unforgivable, Avada Kadevra."