twenty

professor umbridge

professor umbridge

  Dumbledore soon walked up to the podium and started his beginning of year speech. Eri smiled and clapped for the old wizard as he spoke, but her smile was wiped off her face when he announced the newest DADA professor. 

  "Hem hem" 

  Eridanus banged her head into the table, moving her food out of the way, she kept lightly hitting her forehead to the wood. Praying to Merlin this was some sort of sick joke or mistake. When she finally looked up Luna looked at her concerned and Harry seemed worried about the new teacher from the Gryffindor table. 

  The frog-like woman began a speech about the Ministry and how she hoped "we can all be friends" in her disgustingly sweet voice and girlish giggles. The teen began regretting coming to Hogwarts and silently wished she had gone to Beauxbatons Academy as her mother intended. As the woman finished her speech Eri hit her head into the table one last time, particularly hard. Wanting to leave already. 

  Minerva McGonagall and Severus Snape both winced watching Eridanus Black hit her head, then sitting up and having a red mark on her forehead. The teen just looked up, saw the woman, was immediately visibly upset, then laid her head back down. 

  Severus knew that look. It was the same one he saw on Regulus Black's face when he showed Severus his new dark mark. The older Black was visibly upset for months after that. The potions master made a vow to himself when he first met the teen, he would watch over her, he owed Regulus that much. 

  Minerva smiled a bit to herself, she saw a mix of the two brothers living in Eridanus. The woman sighed internally, knowing that poor Professor Flitwick would have his hands full with that one. She had met the teen once before when she was being sorted. Eridanus Black was a beautiful mess, a storm with skin. But her brothers weren't all the aged professor saw in the explosive teen. 

-

  "You must be Miss. Black, I can show you to your dorm!" Eri smiled at her head of house who lead her into the common room, explaining the rules of Ravenclaw and how the classes worked here. "Now the girls you are rooming with think you're from Beaxbatons Academy, don't be shocked if they ask you a million and one questions about France, we're a bit low on Ravenclaw girls in your year so there will be an extra bed in your dorm, Mandy and Carrie are very kind girls, I'm sure you'll fit right in with them." Eri thanked the short man and walked up the stairs to her dorm and walked in. 

  "Hello?" 

  Two girls sat in the room, it seemed that the dorm was half organized half not. Carrie, a muggle-born of Japanese descent, and Mandy, a half-blood of English descent. They were chatting, seemingly about their summers, and turned to the new girl. Carrie immediately jumped up and started asking things about Eridanus, Mandy opted to stay on her bed and mouthed a 'good luck' to Eri.