seventeen

secret talent

secret talent

August 31, 1995

  The Black siblings were right, Dumbledore wasn't pleased to find out about Sirius' outing. He had been on house arrest by the Order every day since the sixteenth. Dumbledore was curious about Eridanus' dream though, seeing as the Black family had a long line of very strong magic behind them. Metamorphmagai, seers, and the occasional veela affair. The family was very powerful, politically, and magically.

  The headmaster had asked her to write down everything she could remember from her vivid dreams, thinking of them as possible visions, much to Sirius' displeasure.

  The Order decided that all the teens should stay at Grimmauld the night before September the first, leading Eridanus to pack every book she could into her trunk, even after it was filled to the brim with clothes and journals.

  "Hey you almost ready to- oh Merlin" Ted had walked in just was Eridanus' accidental magic, caused by her annoyance at the trunk, made everything in the trunk fly out and around the room. Becoming annoyed with herself at not controlling her magic, the books that were still on the shelf almost hit Ted, if it hadn't been for his quick wand movements

  "Oh my Merlin, Ted, I'm so sorry!" The books immediately went back to their places and Ted helped her by spelling an extension charm into her trunk for the extra books.

  A specific leather-bound book with a ribbon sticking out of the bottom of it fell from the shelf again and at Ted's feet, he picked it up and noticed Eridanus' full name was inscribed on the front of the book

  Eridanus Irma Black I

  "Could you hand me that please?" She stuck her hand out for the journal but didn't find one in her hand "Ted?" He jumped a bit, having been caught opening it to the first page "Could I have my journal back?"

  "Oh yeah, sorry kid" He gave it back to her, having only gotten a quick glimpse into her world, the journal wasn't one that Dumbledore gave her, not filled with words but music. "You didn't mention that you wrote music"

  "Oh, yeah. I have since I was four. Mum started me younger than she started my brothers due to her short lifespan" Ted nodded at Eri's morbid comment, not wanting to push her. "All children of the sacred twenty-eight are expected to play an instrument or sing. I was taught both, I'm sure Andi could tell you about it if you want to know more" Ted nodded again, soaking in the information.

  Andi came in a few minutes later to find both of them placing books that weren't hit by Ted's spell back into their places. She ushered them out and into the floo quickly, Ted took the trunk and Eri went on her own.

  Eri came through the floo and straight into her brothers awaiting embrace

  "I've missed you kid"